Discuss MCB trips ONLY when open in one go all lights together in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

zwizwi

DIY
Reaction score
I have about 50 led spot lights + more light , all together is about 400w if I open them all in one go together, then the MCB [=6 am] trips immediately, but if I open them one by one I have no problems at all !
I tried to replace the MCB with another 6am and it did the same, but when i replace it with higher no.[e.g. 10 am] then its Ok.
Do you have any idea why it's happening, is there a solution without replacing MCB or wires?
Thanks a lot

Reply to MCB trips ONLY when open in one go all lights together in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure what's going on with my kitchen light. I've replaced an old 28W CFL fitting with a new 4 x LED GU10 fitting (a cheap one from...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock