Discuss MCG consumer unit... RCD needed! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNS1

Electrician's Arms
Hi chaps,

Been asked to sort a nuisance tripping issue, which I've narrowed down to what I think is a faulty RCD (trip time varying between 45ms and 260ms at random for the same 1x30mA test).

Board is MCG branded and the local wholesalers don't stock their stuff? I'm assuming it's a rebrand of someone elses kit, anyone know whose?

Cheers!

OP
D

DNS1

Electrician's Arms
Ramp test shows tripping at 21mA.

Asides from the unit tripping at vastly differing intervals as stated, a couple of times when I went to reset it the switch failed to engage and sprang straight back down again.

Do you know which other brand units would be a straight swap?

rich.250

Electrician's Arms
Sounds like leakage to me, rather than a Rcd fault.

Umm I don't know what they match up to mate sorry. Have you tried googling there site an local stockists??

OP
D

DNS1

Electrician's Arms
21mA is about the norm if its a 30mA unit
Yeah, the ramp test seemed ok...

So does the 1x30mA test most of the time... trips in a fairly consistent 45ms for a few times, but I do it 10 seconds later and it's tripping in 260ms!

Amp David

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Yeah, the ramp test seemed ok...

So does the 1x30mA test most of the time... trips in a fairly consistent 45ms for a few times, but I do it 10 seconds later and it's tripping in 260ms!
Yes, i have seen it before after testing several times in a row.

G

gesl

Hi, I was told by Cef that mcg is chint relabelled. Maybe worth looking into?

OP
D

DNS1

Electrician's Arms
Thanks for the help chaps,

Used a BG unit in the end as they wanted £60 for the MCG one at CEF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.