Discuss MCS 001 Clause 8 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
This looks fun. It comes into effect on December 1st:

To Quote:

"A contract for the sale and installation of a system shall be entered into only between an MCS certified Company and a Customer. An MCS certified Company may carry out work under subcontract to another MCS certified Company in which case clause 10 must be satisfied. If the MCS certified Company obtains sales leads from any third party, the Company must require that the third party complies with all the relevant requirements of the MCS standards and Consumer Code. The Company will be responsible for any non-compliance.”

May be we can wave bye-bye to the double glazing salesmen who don't perish with the changes in FITs

How are the Tescos, and other non MCS parasite sellers going to get round this one? Will they become MCS accredited? My experience of the operation of at least one brokerage type company suggests you would be in breach as soon as you talked to them!

Have you got a link to the new document? When REAL sent out the info that it was changing I couldn't find it anywhere!

I suspect the Tesco's etc will just go down the MCS route, they will be used to having this sort of thing in place for their other business models and they won't be bothered if they breach the code, it'll just be a rap on the wrist and told not to do it again. It's a completely different ball game for a corporate giant like Tesco etc.

Reply to MCS 001 Clause 8 in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net