Discuss MCS 012 Pitched Roof Installation Kits – Extension of 3 months in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

whinmoor

-
Arms
Reaction score
Probably good news overall for installers but annoying for those manufacturers who managed to get their gear certified in time. They must be spewing that their competitors are being offered a chance to catch up!

*********************************************************************************

The mandatory implementation date for MCS 012 has been extended by three months to 30
[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2014.

Re: Extension of MCS 012 implementation date

MCS has reviewed the situation in advance of the 31st March implementation date and has found
that while a significant number of applications for the MCS 012 certification of pitched roof
installation kits and components have been received by certification bodies just 14 products had
been certificated as MCS 012 compliant at 10th March 2014.

As a result of this small number of approved products confirmed as being certified for use at time of
writing, and uncertainty over the timing for completion of testing, certification and listing of
products currently in the certification process, it has been reluctantly agreed by MCS that the
mandatory implementation date of MCS 012 will be delayed by 3 months to June 30th 2014.

MCS has taken this decision to protect installers who may have found themselves with a
dramatically reduced number of MCS 012 certified products available to use on projects from 1st
April.

The June 30th deadline will not be extended.

Those manufacturers who have already obtained certification and correct registration by 31st
March are commended for their professional approach and timely works to achieve compliance.

Manufacturers who have not yet achieved compliance are urged to complete their works with
utmost urgency.

MCS 012 Pitched Roof Installation Kits – Extension of 3 months

Thanks Whinmoor, I did hear a rumour that it would be extended. Bottle-neck with testing....

I also found out this week that the Easy-Roof system is only certified for compliance if it's installed with the exact panel it was tested with - Jinko JKM250P (mono won't do)....I believe a discussion is taking place next week about this certification restriction to this particular panel.....very annoying!

Reply to MCS 012 Pitched Roof Installation Kits – Extension of 3 months in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net