Discuss MCS Accreditation Tomorrow in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Right QMS in place. (I Think)
Install tested and ready.
All other Documents ready (I Think)

But Bricking it........

Any last minute advise would be lovely...
Id like to thank everyone who has answed any of mine or anyone elses stupid questions on this forum. Its been a great help.

Wish me Luck :D

Looks like your all ready. As Mark c said relax & take the night off.
We had ours with NAPIT yesterday.
We were a bit like you stressing about it but in the end its nothing to worry about.
We sailed through with no non conformities. The assessor was really helpful too.
As long as your QMS is in place your 90% there.

Good luck.

Thanks smiffy_99_uk. So glad we passed.
Just need some work now!
We got our qms through a company but even at that we still had a lot to alter on it. Napit did sent us a template about two weeks ago which would have been a struggle to write it ourselves in that time.
Who are you getting assessed by, napit, Nic, elecsa?

The NICEIC are coming ! as if once a year wasnt enough!! Iv been working on ours until 2am all week and spent so long doing it I just hope its what they are looking for, I would love to have a template but the niceic dont offer one as they want to sell you a course on it. How are you doing for Jobs are you advertising, Website etc ? were doing a bit of both, going to be a bit embarrassing if tomorrow doesnt go well.

Now 2 annual inspections to look forward too! And not to forget the real assurance audit which we'll probably get in the next couple of weeks.
We've been getting alot of quotes through our normal electrical work, rewires, extensions, loft conversions etc.
We were worrying about having our advertising & website ready, then not getting our MCS would have been a nightmare.
Where are you based? We are in Manchester/Stockport.
You'll be fine, hope it all goes well...

Hang on... Audit?? I thought you just pay them £150 and they bugger off unless you break the rules.
We're down in Oxfordshire got a website and got a couple of jobs through friends of friends, Put an ad in the local rag and got a couple of jobs to price (see how it goes). Hoping to see a bit of return soon, spent aa fortune on this so far as im sure you have. Thanks for your advice and if oges well il let you know how we got on, cheers, Tom

Found that out on the forum here. They make sure that we are operating to the consumer code!
We have a few friends lined up too. One starting next week. Some money coming in at last!!
I reckon it'll be a good few months until we can get a wage out of it. Need to keep the cash flow in place.
Keep us posted & speak soon.
Cheers, Mark

Right QMS in place. (I Think)
Install tested and ready.
All other Documents ready (I Think)

But Bricking it........

Any last minute advise would be lovely...
Id like to thank everyone who has answed any of mine or anyone elses stupid questions on this forum. Its been a great help.

Wish me Luck :D

Hi Smiffy,

Best of luck with your inspection if anyone has any issues with MCS we are always help to answer any questions we can.

Regards

Well done, Im now on count down to June 1st when I have ELECSA popping round to have a look. Most of my stuff is in place, just got to get the kit on the roof which will be arriving on Wednesday from Senate, just a small 3.9Kw install......no pressure!

PASSED !!!!!!! GET IN!!

1 Non conformity, The master List of all documents

Thanks For evryones help,

Well done - you made me smile with the 2am finishes we had a week of them in October! It's a bit like passing your driving test now you've got the basics you just need the experience and cashflow. Don't be demoralised if you don't get the first few sales look on them as essential post certification training - we did. If you do get loads of work watch your cashflow very carefully it can stop you in your tracks if you look away for 5 mins.

Good luck

I had my mcs today and didnt do as well as you guys, im lacking in the qms and what is a system to idenify to regulation changes. And is there any free software that I can use for the SAP calculations that I have to provide to the customer. I also have to do the hand over pack as i had never seen 1 I think it will be straight forward but any examples copies for me to adpat would be most appreicated.
Thanks all on this forum anyways for all the help

I had my mcs today and didnt do as well as you guys, im lacking in the qms and what is a system to idenify to regulation changes. And is there any free software that I can use for the SAP calculations that I have to provide to the customer. I also have to do the hand over pack as i had never seen 1 I think it will be straight forward but any examples copies for me to adpat would be most appreicated.
Thanks all on this forum anyways for all the help

Hi Avonsolar,

We provide a free SAP calculator if you following this link SAP - Standard Assessment Procedure | Easy MCS

we also provide MCS management system and every applicant get a designated mentor who will teach you how to operate they system from the comfort of your own office. With our remote traning you will complete the QMS element of your MCS assesment in no time.

please feel free to contact one of our support team on 0844 414 60 41

Regards

Simon Roberts

Reply to MCS Accreditation Tomorrow in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net