Discuss MCS and RECC Audits in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Berneray

Had our first post new MCS Guideline audits from both bodies in Sept.

Both went very well. MCS guy was a bit dry and factual. RECC lady was really interesting and very supportive and informative.

No major changes to how we operate. Couple of changes to our website. And a few small changes to the report we send out after survey/visit.

We have dedicated SolarEdge and Immersun pages and the RECC lady asked us to remove two statements "SolarEdge The Best Inverter Solution in the World" and "Immersun can save you UP to 75% on your Hot Water Costs"

Both these statements we took direct from SE and Immersun brochures.....but I suppose they are not RECC accredited.

We got into a really interesting conversation about the workings of the hard sell companies and she said they know all about them and how they work........but unless consumers are lodging complaints about them...then there is not a lot they can do. She also said the complaints must be specific....and not general.

Despite being a bit nervous about the audits post new MCS Guidelines I must say I found both auditors helpful and supportive.

For our part we came out of both audits more confident and more informed.....

It would be interesting to read what you guys have found.....

Did the RECC lady spike your tea or is she holding a gun to your head while you type this? Interfering waste of space. (It's very liberating being no longer registered :waving:)

Did the RECC lady spike your tea or is she holding a gun to your head while you type this? Interfering waste of space. (It's very liberating being no longer registered :waving:)
Sorry. Dont understand your post.

Alarm bells started ringing when I first read this: "RECC lady was really interesting and very supportive and informative." Is she reading this over your shoulder? Are you in danger? Do you want me to call the police?

Sorry, being flippant. I have nothing but contempt for RECC, who have single handedly done absolutely nothing for the reputation of the solar PV industry.

Hi Julian....just wanted to post how I found the experience.

We are a small company and had no idea what to expect.

We built our website ourselves and formatted all the contracts, t&c's, performance estimates ect ect...based on a mix of what we wanted to tell our prospective customers and the templates from the RECC site....so we had no idea what to expect.

I think both auditors decided early on our hearts were in the right place...so that formed the basis of both audits.

Neither auditor gave us a hard time....and were informative rather than dictatorial.

Just telling how I found it....

What kind of info did they give you?

I was given info too - info on how to get my QMS up to scratch. Nothing that would actually benefit ourselves or the customer though.

great those auditors ....

They never seem to be able to tell you how many rogues have been expelled by any of the acronym associations .....

or why some companies who have had fourteen name changes dumping their liabilities are allowed to re register time after time

or why both directors of two companies featured in a which report, watchdog and the daily mail are allowed to have new RECC memberships with new companies

or why when running a solar shopper set up house which only two companies out of twenty four passed the other twenty two were allowed to remain in the scheme

if I was a cynic I might think that the acronyms have always put quantity of membership over quality of members.

IMO. RECC stands for Renewable Energy Cash Cow

We may as well do away with RECC. Mis-selling is the norm. I see it on pretty much every job I go on and I'm sure others do too. Either RECC is willing but doesn't have the power to kick out firms which trangress OR RECC is simply unwilling to kick out firms which transgress. Either way, all I can see that they do is give customers a false sense of security that any firm showing their logo is an ethical firm. It hasn't been since day one.

And MCS is not a sign of quality. An inspector can be taken to a site of the installer's choice and most of the inspection is spent on paperwork anyway.

That'll be 2 more for the naughty step at RECC, your inspection notifications will no doubt be in the post next week;)

Reply to MCS and RECC Audits in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock