Discuss MCS annual Visit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
on your Second MCS visit

Is this based still around the ONE solar pv job you will take the assessor to later in the day.

IE Quotes/Sap - Contract - Surveys- Wind Cals - Roof Cals based around the single job?????

or

Will the assessor need access to all documents for all jobs you completed in your first year

The reason I am asking is I am thinking about making my qms excel with hyperlinks so if he ask for say roof survey for joe blogs I can just click on it and it will pop up

Rather than rumage in all my mountain of paper work ,

Becaus if he/she just wants to look at the docs for one job then theres no point in wasting hours of hyperlinking docs for easy access..

?????? thanks in advance:pimp2:

I had everything to hand and I'm glad I did. The annual visit is more to prove what you said you will do is what you have done. Our guy followed the process on about five jobs skipping from one to the other swiftly. I think it is their way of seeing if you have a system in place by putting pressure on finding the right bit of paper. Fortunately all our jobs are in individual folders with index sheets which have everything ticked off on it once it is in the folder. This is how I have it in the QMS. Our guy was impressed I'd written my own QMS and made comment on how well I could navigate through it. Didn't stop him from wanting some pathetic minor alterations!

P.S. I'm with the NICEIC also.

So the hyper link thing is a good idea then?

I worried if I spend days on end linking the papers to my qms .

and then it turns out he wants to see only the docs for the job he will visit that day ???

We had all files ready for inspection but he only looked at the one for the install we were visiting that day. And then it was just asking me to pull out the info he asked for rather than handing the file over for him to look at.
The inspection was just checking labels and schematic at the CU and a glance at the inverter in the loft. It was all very straight forward and i didn't feel he was out to catch us out for anything.

Cheers, as I've just started at this company and I'm trying to sort out my paperwork as the last person dident have a clue and theres loads missing.

Reply to MCS annual Visit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock