Discuss MCS May 2013 Guidelines in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Berneray

Quick question.

Potential customer of mine was given the old SAP2009 calculation by another
company.

When I questioned this they told here its okay to do this as long as they tell
the customer the method they are using.

I know a projection is just a projection but in this case their's comes out 243
kilowatts a year better than SAP 2009.

Is this right.

Don't think so. There was a period (maybe three months) when both systems were acceptable. Then SAP2009 was phased out and the new MCS calculation method was obligatory.

You can use as many methods as you like as long as you provide an estimate using new MCS method and do not give greater prominence to alternatives.

We state this in our reports and quotations. We go on to tell the customer that in many instances the MCS method is pants and why. The MCS output estimate is provided first followed by our one based on PVsol and PVGIS-SAF.

Did one recently where MCS method was understating by 23%!!! I could empirically show our estimate is correct as I have an array on a property not far away that produces at a higher output.

Reply to MCS May 2013 Guidelines in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Just a quick query for others views please. Customer had a brand new three phase supply put in in April. I have been called in to rectify...
Replies
Views
T
I need some help quickly please. Some friends of mine have signed up for a 3.5KW Solar PV install at a cost of £10,500 + loan to pay for it. They...
Replies
Views
akaPABLO
A
I know it's not electrician specific, but there are enough solar installers on here who also do solar water heating systems, so here's a quick...
Replies
Views
MorganPVI
M
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
B
We had our MCS inspection last week and recieved one non com for our a.c isolator next to the fuse board. We used an all in one wylex unit that...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock