Discuss MCS suppliers performance. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sambotc

Wondered if anyone could shed some light on the following;

'add method for adding or removing suppliers & products/materials based on pervious dealings, past history and product approval.'

How did you satisfy this requirement, do you have a points system in place, or is it as simple as saying on your quarterly review you can review thier performance and if you decide they are no good you can take them off the list?

Also am I right in saying that you need a goods delivery form with methods of rejecting goods on this form?

I'm trying to simplify this whole process as much as possible, but MCS are pulling in the opposite direction it would seem!

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
50 views and not a sausage!

I guess times must be hard and people are limiting the competition how ever they can!

It's sorted now and wasn't even specifically for solar PV, just guessed this would be the place to get an answer...

Cheers, Sam

We review and document it in our monthly review meetings !as long as a process is in place and followed with evidence then it's ok.

As long as its MCS approved, if you come up with a points system I think their eyes would glaze over !!

For me it's all about the warranties ! Jetion 12 years fab !

Thanks for the reply Finchy, I have set up a system whereby suppliers as in wholesalers and merchants are reviewed? Have I mis interpreted this and should I be reviewing specific products instead, or both?

You need to review both the suppliers ability to supply along with customer services and fiscal ability, along with the products they sell, defect rate, delivery state etc.

We all know of one supplier I am sure where inverters arrive in less than savory condition due to poor transportation, mini pallets save you a lot of time and money.

I guess it all comes down to Auditability and transparency of your processes. Why do we use those panels supplier etc. It's not just whack them on the roof and pocket the cash..... Although I feel that has happened ! The good guys still operating are having to look at alternatives, although theirs a point to which I go. Does the governt and Mcs realise the collision set to happen ! Staff safety and customer quality will be the result.

Very p1ssed off as earlier got a local company ask us to carry out installs they are happy to pay well under the cost of materials let alone overheads profit ... Can't see how/what cr4p will be installed.... What's the justification for Mcs for using crap panels....it's cheap, what the markets dictating ?!?

It's the mentality of the people in the UK I think to be honest, not all but a large percentage. Manufacturers often have to make revised, inferior and cheaper products to those they would normally sell on the continent just to satisfy the UK penny pinchers, I know this for a fact on more than one manufacturer of heating appliances.
On the continent the average cost of a new boiler may run into 5 figures whereas over here we want the cheapest boiler we can buy for £399 out of B and Q and then whinge when it leaks everywhere and stops working...

I think we have our priorities wrong and demand an excess amount of disposable income for nights out on the tiles and takeaway pizzas! (ALL IMO)

Reply to MCS suppliers performance. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net