Discuss MCS in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jackhammerJIM

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if being MCS accredited is a requirement for the installation of commercial solar .

I have a few commercial customers possibly wanting a system installed .

Large systems requiring G99 relays ,

I have installed and commissioned around 400 kw of pv subcontracting during the solar boom but have no idea whether mcs is applicable with no feed in tariffs ?

Thanks in advance .

As I understand it !???????
Once you're over MCS 50 KW+ you can pretty much get your dog to install it and sign it off.
But if it small stuff that could be MCS , you can still install it but they are unable to claim any form of subsidy and also this would include any potential subsidies upcoming for battery storage.

By no means take that as gospel , it's just as I see it , given that I have found nobody will give you a straight answer when asked .

As I understand it !???????
Once you're over MCS 50 KW+ you can pretty much get your dog to install it and sign it off.
But if it small stuff that could be MCS , you can still install it but they are unable to claim any form of subsidy and also this would include any potential subsidies upcoming for battery storage.

By no means take that as gospel , it's just as I see it , given that I have found nobody will give you a straight answer when asked .
Thank you for the response had a call back from stroma today confirming the same .

Yes as @JD6400 says you can still install solar it just means that you can't register it for FIT payment not that that is much any more, or for the battery storage. I am no longer registered but still do some solar, mainly off grid stuff so I don't need to be able to register it!

Reply to MCS in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net