Discuss Measured kA on electraform EICS in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

All, evening to you. I’ve started using electraform for doing certs. Doing an EICS and in the test results part there is a column next to measured Zs marked measured kA. I might be being special, but I’m not sure what I’d put in here for each circuit. Looking at my spare manually completed forms, this column doesn’t exist. Am I missing something? TIA

D

Deleted member 105166

EICR, not EICS :)
You'll measure the PFC and PSCC and record the highest reading in kA.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, that makes sense: but the form is definitely an EICS, so is it asking me to give an PEFC/PSCC for every circuit. Done the PEFC /PSCC at the DB and that is annotated on the form. Just find it a little baffling.

rolyberkin

-
Arms
Esteemed
EICS on electraform is a one signature EIC. Why is it baffling? When you do the Zs tests on each circuit enter the prospective fault current.

That makes sense, it’s just it’s naming of the column. Measured kA to me does not mean PFC.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
That makes sense, it’s just it’s naming of the column. Measured kA to me does not mean PFC.
agreee, esp. when the pfc is a fraction of 1kA.

I might have to speak to electraform, maybe measured pfc would make more sense as a name for the column.

ferg

-
Arms
Esteemed
I think the key word is measured TC. :)

ferg

-
Arms
Esteemed
I've never seen it either and am probably wrong but I fancied poking you with a stick anyway. :D

As a side note I'm sure you are ahead of me on the old and codgering front. :p

ruston

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Are you sure it's not the KA of the breaker? As in 6KA for a domestic breaker.
I think you are right , another Mickey Mouse form; so do your stuff Top Cat. ;)

D

Deleted member 26818

The 18th edition model forms, have a column in the section for protective device details, for Breaking Capacity (kA).
No column for measured kA.

T

Toneyz

The 18th edition model forms, have a column in the section for protective device details, for Breaking Capacity (kA).
No column for measured kA.
Same as then.

Top Cat

-
Arms
I think the key word is measured TC. :)
So..................................After all the posts, I am proved right! God, it's good to get one over on the master pi*s taker! Won't be long before you get me back though ferg!! Unfortunately!:(

Gavin John Hyde

-
Arms
Esteemed
I have been using elctraform and noticed this, but from what i can tell it doesnt appear on the printed final pdf version?
Here are the pdf pages of the test results, i print them off as blank to use on site before entering online at home.

eicr blank electraform-07.png

eicr blank electraform-08.png

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Measured kA on electraform EICS in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom