Discuss MEET on BBC TV (the Museum of Electrical and Electronic Engineering) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

BBC Breakfast have just been in touch to apologise that because some live programme segments inc. Keir Starmer's overran, they had to postpone some pre-recorded ones inc. mine. Will let you know when it gets re-scheduled.

BBC Breakfast have just been in touch to apologise that because some live programme segments inc. Keir Starmer's overran, they had to postpone some pre-recorded ones inc. mine. Will let you know when it gets re-scheduled.

Much rather listen to your piece than Kier Starmer. I bet you'd give more straight answers than he did this morning!

And I was really looking forward to watching 3 hours of breakfast tv tonight on skyQ….

How dare they. I’ve got a good mind to cancel my tv license

Another day.

Just watched on iplayer and was fantastic to see Lucien but tinged with sadness at the future for you. Lucien has more knowledge in his little finger than i will ever have and has been so informative and interesting for me to read that knowledge over the years. Hopefully you can find someone to take this on as it would be such a shame to lose all of that.
Keep fighting Lucien.

Anybody wanting to see it (and who wouldn't) should go to BBC iplayer, search for BBC Breakfast and forward the timeline to about 1 hr 24 mins.

Very good article, cheers Lucien.

Really great piece.
I was on TV news myself many years ago, and I can recall spending all day with a "film crew" (one guy with a camera, and one reporter) for just one minute on-screen. I imagine it was much the same for you, recording loads of "footage" (for the youngsters out there, it used to be on something called film, and it was measured by the length - in feet, then new fangled tape came along) only a small amount of which makes it into the piece.

Who won pong?

One all.

There’s an old “grandstand” arcade machine in my parents attic. Tennis, soccer, and a toy gun which you can aim anywhere in the room, not just at the screen and it still takes a “hit”

Also “Astro wars” space invaders type game.

I must get them rescued from there.

And my brothers TI99/4A home computer from 1984 maybe???

There’s an old “grandstand” arcade machine in my parents attic. Tennis, soccer, and a toy gun which you can aim anywhere in the room, not just at the screen and it still takes a “hit”

Also “Astro wars” space invaders type game.

I must get them rescued from there.

And my brothers TI99/4A home computer from 1984 maybe???

Never caught on the Texas home computer. Astro Wars was a classic though.

Reply to MEET on BBC TV (the Museum of Electrical and Electronic Engineering) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock