Discuss Megger 1553 with iPad? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've just bought a Megger 1553 can I connect this via Bluetooth to my iPad? I don't think there is an app is there?

Also is there a way to view this forum on an iPhone?

Hi I am pretty sure the Bluetooth on iPhone/ pad do not allow use with the testers etc
Also get an app called tapatalk and the search for the forum.
Hope this helps :)

'Rampage' did you ever get this to work? Curious as I am looking at getting an iPad and being able to do my certification (both installations and PAT testing), and maybe quotes too. There does seem a lack of applications at the moment.

Last edited:
I searched for an app, but there doesn't seem to be one.
So I guess its not possible.
I think not being able to save files to the iPad is a massive disadvantage compared to a normal laptop.
Also, thinking this morning, I realized that I don't have a single app on my iPad/iPhone that is reliable enough to use for work purposes.

Why cant you save files to your ipad?

Examples of software i use

Documents to go - allows the viewing, editing , creating of all MS word/excel etc.. documents

Invoice2go - Fantasic plug and play invoice tool, looks very professional once printed out

Spirt level - excellent when you dont have your proper one to hand

Torch - same as above

Angle finder - great when surveying PV and i need a pitch of the roof

Sunseeker 3D - excellent app for mapping out the sunlines during summer/autumn/ winter months when surveying PV

TomTom satnav - use this everyday, absolutly fantastic and far easier than setting up the pad on the screen/charger lead etc..

Your not looking hard enough there are thousands and thousands of apps, even better if you get it jailbroken!

Why cant you save files to your ipad?

Examples of software i use

Documents to go - allows the viewing, editing , creating of all MS word/excel etc.. documents

Invoice2go - Fantasic plug and play invoice tool, looks very professional once printed out

Spirt level - excellent when you dont have your proper one to hand

Torch - same as above

Angle finder - great when surveying PV and i need a pitch of the roof

Sunseeker 3D - excellent app for mapping out the sunlines during summer/autumn/ winter months when surveying PV

TomTom satnav - use this everyday, absolutly fantastic and far easier than setting up the pad on the screen/charger lead etc..

Your not looking hard enough there are thousands and thousands of apps, even better if you get it jailbroken!

Good list i'd add Dropbox to that

tysoft do an app for ipad/phone to form fill electrical certs but you have to buy their software to transfere it to pc. dont use it myself so dont know what its like. search tysoft or easycerts

Reply to Megger 1553 with iPad? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net