Discuss megger 1553 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

ukpablo

hi all.........need a few pointers

just purchased a 1553 and wondered about the pscc, pefc, pfc measurement?

Am i right in saying that for pscc measurement:

hi pfc range on loop test

red to phase
black to n

pefc measurement:

red to phase
black to n
green to cpc

highest reading is recorded for pfc? :D

trying to get my head round tester and lead config etc?

thanks

so, i would connect L1 on tester with red test lead to incoming phase and no trip loop port on tester with black test lead to n on both tests?

thanks

thanks for all the help.

have found the manual, page ten shows green and red cable used for hi current loop testing.

so thats L1 to phase and Lo/L2 green to n for PFC and to Earth for PEFC? is this right?

as long as rcd not in cct? or 2 wire measurement?

The no trip setup on page 9 shows: rcd in cct

Ll1 (red)to phase, Lo/L2 (green) to cpc , and no trip (black) to n?

is this right or am i being blonde?? and is this just the pfc measurement?

this measurement is from cu and not using plug top tester.

:confused::)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the help.

have found the manual, page ten shows green and red cable used for hi current loop testing.

so thats L1 to phase and Lo/L2 green to n for PFC and to Earth for PEFC? is this right? YES

as long as rcd not in cct? or 2 wire measurement? IF NO RCD OR RCBO THEN 2 WIRE TEST

The no trip setup on page 9 shows: rcd in cct

Ll1 (red)to phase, Lo/L2 (green) to cpc , and no trip (black) to n? YES

is this right or am i being blonde?? and is this just the pfc measurement? THINK YOU CAN ONLY MEASURE PEFC WHEN USING 3 LEADS.

this measurement is from cu and not using plug top tester.

:confused::)
Mine in green

u the man Amp David!

i have been racking my lil head for days on this....

the test bed at college was obviously protected by rcd somewhere along the line which was really confusing me with what i had done in the past!

Thanks again buddy

:):):D

Same boat here.

Every time we were told to use the Meggers with a 3 lead, regardless.

When I got my own, I spent days working out why the tutor had always shown us the 3 lead way and never the 2.

Reply to megger 1553 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net