Discuss megger 1710 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dalf

-
Reaction score
A friend of mine has offered me theses for £250. Very good condition but he now works for a company who provides them with testing equipment.
Are they worth the price? And has anyone used these? I know the auto rcd is a draw back but I don't do huge installations so not much a problem.

Thanks

Good piece of kit especially for that money. What do you mean by auto RCD being a drawback?

The early 1700 series firmware was not good. However, the latest firmware seems to have sorted the low current loop tests. A good bit of kit and the auto RCD testing is great. I think that is what you mean because the 1710 does not have auto RCD testing, unlike the 1720 and 1730 models.

Don't over think about it, snatch it out of your mates hands quick before he gets a better offer, because £300 un-calibrated (£350 calibrated) is nearer the going rate.

Reply to megger 1710 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Just thinking about selling MFT's and single test equipment. The idea being I buy stuff from Ebay and sell it on ebay, which I am doing at the...
Replies
Views
Hope this is the right place to post! My old Megger 1710 MFT tester has a problem on the features button sometimes when selecting the Zs mode it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
I've started to move over to AMD 2 forms for my CU installs, if only because the schedule is so much easier to tick and I can stop sticking labels...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock