Discuss Megger 1720 with correct firmware, sucess!!!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickytuff

Regular EF Member
Hi all, was very sad on thursday, picked up my megger 1720 which had old firmware on, V1.01, hence would trip rcd, rcbo's out on low setting loop tests, wasnt impressed at all, took it back and got another one with firmware V2.05, works perfectly very happy now, thanks for those who replyed to my gripping the other day. Happy now )))))))

applemac

Electrician's Arms
got mine upgraded, megger calibrated it for free too!

much better now. shame they didnt sort it out and do a recall like any good company...

just need to work on a better case now...

OP
M

mickytuff

Regular EF Member
how long had you had yours before you had it upgraded and calibrated???, coz the warranty is for 3 years, wonder whether i could get a free upgrade and calibration in the future.......................

applemac

Electrician's Arms
i sent it in last month as i had it a year., make a fuss and mention fluke and they might.

ps they paid for delivery too....

OP
M

mickytuff

Regular EF Member
what did you make a fuss about/what was yours doing or not doing as it were??

OP
M

mickytuff

Regular EF Member
It did and thanks again to all who advised/commented........thats what forums are all about!!)))))))))))))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Black

Votes: 24 34.3%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.