For Sale [South]: Megger 1730

Discuss Megger 1730 in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo86

EF Member
Megger 1730 for sale.
Used but In very good condition.
the black crocodile clip and the red test probe end are missing, but the everything else is there and all tidy
would like to see £700 for it.
thanks

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
you'd need to get it calibrated for that sort of money, mate. good luck anyway.

OP
J

jimbo86

EF Member
Have been looking at that. Does it have to go to megger, or do others do it as well?

N

Northring

Sorry Jimbo 86, I'm looking for one.
But a new 1730 costs at test-meter.co.uk P 745,- for a single and P 845,- as a Kit.

E

Engineer54

Sorry Jimbo 86, I'm looking for one.
But a new 1730 costs at test-meter.co.uk P 745,- for a single and P 845,- as a Kit.
Eh, ...that will be around 900 quid for the 1730 and over a 1000 quid for the kit version with the dreaded VAT!! lol!!

E

Engineer54

Not sure about the European system, but i thought you pay the VAT in the country of purchase and no further taxing is due when you ship to another EU country. Other than that, in most other tax systems, you have to prove it has been yours for a given amount of time, or import tax/VAT is due...

N

Northring

No, It's changed. If I supply a valid Dutch VAT-number to the UK-reseller I don't pay the VAT. Just the excl price and transport. In the Netherlands then I have to pay the VAT but at the same time I can subtracts it. Net effect zero VAT, as it should be.
There is a EU-website where you can check the validity of the number (I don't know the URL).

The only issue for me left is the Firmware upgrades. In the Netherlands the distributor did not (want to?) know the 1730. Here it's the 1835. Do you had firmware upgrades with your Megger and how is that working?
What is the latest version of the Firmware?
Thanks,
Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Black

Votes: 24 34.3%

Electrician Talk