• Latest offer from Electrical2Go! >> CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE THREAD (This Week Hand Dryers) <<
  • Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Megger 1730 in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Megger 1730 for sale.
Used but In very good condition.
the black crocodile clip and the red test probe end are missing, but the everything else is there and all tidy
would like to see £700 for it.
thanks

you'd need to get it calibrated for that sort of money, mate. good luck anyway.

Not sure about the European system, but i thought you pay the VAT in the country of purchase and no further taxing is due when you ship to another EU country. Other than that, in most other tax systems, you have to prove it has been yours for a given amount of time, or import tax/VAT is due...

No, It's changed. If I supply a valid Dutch VAT-number to the UK-reseller I don't pay the VAT. Just the excl price and transport. In the Netherlands then I have to pay the VAT but at the same time I can subtracts it. Net effect zero VAT, as it should be.
There is a EU-website where you can check the validity of the number (I don't know the URL).

The only issue for me left is the Firmware upgrades. In the Netherlands the distributor did not (want to?) know the 1730. Here it's the 1835. Do you had firmware upgrades with your Megger and how is that working?
What is the latest version of the Firmware?
Thanks,
Henry

Reply to Megger 1730 in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net