Discuss Megger Accessories in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hey all. Hope everyone is enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend. Weather here is rubbish but hey ho.

Anyway, I have a Megger MFT 1553. Brilliant bit of kit in my mind and to accompany it I have the Kewtech Lightmate BC adaptor for doing Zs test at end of line. This saves time and means you don’t have to faff about holding Line and Neutral leads onto terminals. Your only concern need be getting a good connection on the CPC terminal.

This is where the problem lies. In my opinion (would be interesting to get your take on this guys) the crocodile clip for the earth is not the best at clapsing onto or gripping the cpc terminal. This is a pain in the you know what espec if your at the consumer unit doing auto rcd tests on newly fitted RCBO's to find that the clip has slipped off or you suspect a poor reading due to it not being as tight as it could be, say if you were pushing/holding it on yourself.

So, does anybody know of an adaptor or something similar to the "Robin AC 220 Alligator Clip set" that could be used in conjunction with the Megger lead?

The Robin clip mentioned above I have tried as the wholesaler loaned it me but as it was a display item from manufacturer, it couldn’t be attached to my lead so I am basically none the wiser as to whether it would work. Don't want to take a chance and buy one as I was told if it didn't fit I would have to pay 15% handling charge as it is return item. They also phasing that particular model out so don't know where to look.

Does anyone else have this issue with Megger testers and do you guys know of an adaptor that gives a good, solid connection like the Robin?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Sparky05084

the megger crocs are pants. i've got the 1552. the end of the lead is a standard 4mm, so almost any 4mm croc clip will fit. i'm trying to get my mate to remember to get me some AVO leads for my AVO 8. i think the crocs from them will fit.

Reply to Megger Accessories in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock