Discuss Megger MFT1553 problem!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Z

zaskar

HI all, just wondering if anyone could help me out please?.
I have the above tester, and decided i want to use the bluetooth function now to download results to my laptop, and i have one major problem, i cannot find the driver for the MFT1553 in the download manager driver list!, i have downloaded the latest download manager from Megger, googled it, and tried allsorts!, cannot find it.
help please!
cheers
Brent

i to have the exact same problem. driver not listed in the program anywhere. i also have downloaded new program updates from megger and they even sent me a new disc when i registered the tester on their website. let us know if you have any joy getting it working as i mucked around on it for ages. cheers

i to have the exact same problem. driver not listed in the program anywhere. i also have downloaded new program updates from megger and they even sent me a new disc when i registered the tester on their website. let us know if you have any joy getting it working as i mucked around on it for ages. cheers
I have found out believe it or not that we have to purchase extra software to use the bluetooth download function on this MFT1553, i find this very odd, and a bit naughty really. Knew i shouldnt have bothered shelling out for the most expensive tester i could find.

Is it the Megger powersuite software you have to buy?
All the brochures make it sound as though you can just download your results to any old laptop or pda.

whats the extra software is it, do you know? i have powersuite software but still cant get it to work. must admit the powersuite program does seem a very 'clunky' and poorley written piece of software. suppose its no wonder they want you to pay 'megger' bucks to keep it updated after your three month trial!

We do have a Megger Tech support member here and they may give some more info on this when they swing by next time.

Keep checking back for updates. :)

Watchdog Seriously??? Software is never free or cheap.
only a joke mate, but you would think that the tester would be supplied with some basic software to be able to use its bluetooth download function!.

I am aware that software is rarely cheap to buy, its not really about the cost of buying this additional software, its just the fact that the tester did come supplied with the program/drivers in the box, that has annoyed me a bit.

only a joke mate, but you would think that the tester would be supplied with some basic software to be able to use its bluetooth download function!.

I am aware that software is rarely cheap to buy, its not really about the cost of buying this additional software, its just the fact that the tester did come supplied with the program/drivers in the box, that has annoyed me a bit.

Thats a fair point about having no software in the box, there is a kit that has both the tester and the software though.

"its just the fact that the tester did come supplied with the program/drivers in the box"

do you mean did not?

Thats a fair point about having no software in the box, there is a kit that has both the tester and the software though.

"its just the fact that the tester did come supplied with the program/drivers in the box"

do you mean did not?

yes mate i meant " did not".

Hi

There has been much talk of whether the MFT1553 is supplied with Onsite software or not

Please note the following:

Originally the Download Manager CD was included with the MFT1553 to enable future downloads to PCs. As such, at the moment, there are no drivers for the MFT on the disc and the CD has been removed from the MFT package as from now.
The MFT1553 utilises Megger Powersuite Onsite software to enable Bluetooth download to the PC, PDA or suitable mobile phone.
Obviously these devices have to have Bluetooth capability.
Two MFT1553 packages are available, one with Onsite software, the other without software for individuals that already have Powersuite.
The Megger part numbers are 6111-772 and 6111-771 respectively.

There have been a few occasions that individuals have thought they were obtaining a 'good deal' when purchasing the MFT1553 tester from certain sources when in fact they have probably been sold the MFT without the Onsite software.
The two packages are boxed completely differently, the Onsite version comprises of a suitcase sized box clearly marked Onsite while the MFT1553 tester only is shipped in a instrument size case.

In a nut-shell, if an MFT1553 Onsite package (6111-772) is purchased then the certification software is included in the package, the customer does not have to purchase software separately.

Regards

Megger TSG

Hi

There has been much talk of whether the MFT1553 is supplied with Onsite software or not

Please note the following:

Originally the Download Manager CD was included with the MFT1553 to enable future downloads to PCs. As such, at the moment, there are no drivers for the MFT on the disc and the CD has been removed from the MFT package as from now.
The MFT1553 utilises Megger Powersuite Onsite software to enable Bluetooth download to the PC, PDA or suitable mobile phone.
Obviously these devices have to have Bluetooth capability.
Two MFT1553 packages are available, one with Onsite software, the other without software for individuals that already have Powersuite.
The Megger part numbers are 6111-772 and 6111-771 respectively.

There have been a few occasions that individuals have thought they were obtaining a 'good deal' when purchasing the MFT1553 tester from certain sources when in fact they have probably been sold the MFT without the Onsite software.
The two packages are boxed completely differently, the Onsite version comprises of a suitcase sized box clearly marked Onsite while the MFT1553 tester only is shipped in a instrument size case.

In a nut-shell, if an MFT1553 Onsite package (6111-772) is purchased then the certification software is included in the package, the customer does not have to purchase software separately.

Regards

Megger TSG

hi megger tsg

i have the onsite software and i have registered my tester on the megger site and have been sent a new cd with an updated program on it, and installed but still i cant get the tester to pair with the program on my laptop(pc). i have updated download manager to but cant see the mft 1533 symbol/driver/picture!?! in it anywhere. am i doing things correctly? is there supposed to be a mft1533 driver/symbol in the list of testers in the dowload manager or is it the same driver as another tester in the list? any ideas what occurin?

thanks in advance

Hi

BLUETOOTH DOWNLOADING

Bluetooth Pairing (PC or Laptop)

1. Set the MFT Range knob to the Bluetooth SET UP position.

2. Press the Bluetooth (Lock) button on the MFT, the MFT will show
‘- - -‘ if no pairing exists or the last three digits of a paired identity if
already paired.

If these three digits are the last three digits of your Bluetooth identity
code (e.g. 963) then you are already paired with it. If you don’t
recognise them or are unsure then continue with the pairing process.

3. Push the Bluetooth (Lock) button again to start the pairing process, the
MFT will display ‘<> - - - -‘
4. Activate the “Add Bluetooth Devices” tool on your PC or mobile device
to search for Bluetooth devices.

5. Your PC or mobile device will prompt for an “access key”. When this
happens enter 1234.

6. The MFT will display the last three digits of your Bluetooth identity
code when a successful pairing has been achieved (e.g. <>963).

TESTING WITH A PAIRED MFT1553
Insulation Testing
1. Perform a Insulation test described previously
2. Press the Bluetooth (Lock) button once to display the various options; LE,
L-n, n-E and L-L.
3. Press the Bluetooth (Lock) button repeatedly to scroll through these
options until the one you need is reached.
4. Press and hold the Bluetooth (Lock) button again to send the test result
to your PC or mobile device. The MFT test result will flash whilst the
result is transmitted.
5. The test results will now appear in the correct box in the certificate open
on your PC or mobile device.
Continuity Testing
1. Perform a Continuity test described previously
2. Press the Bluetooth (Lock) button once to display the various options;
r2, r12, r1, rr1 and rr2.
4. Press the Bluetooth (Lock) button again to send the test result to your
PC or mobile device. The MFT test result will flash whilst the result is
transmitted.
Loop Testing
1. Perform a Loop test described previously
2. Press the Bluetooth (Lock) button once to display the various options; Ln,
L-E and L-L.
4. Press the Bluetooth (Lock) button again to send the test result to your
PC or mobile device. The MFT test result will flash whilst the result is
transmitted.
RCD Testing
1. Perform a RCD test described previously
2. Press and hold the Bluetooth (Lock) button again to send the test result
to your PC or mobile device. The MFT test result will flash whilst the
result is transmitted.
3. The test results will now appear in the correct box in the certificate open
4. Each of the RCD tests (1/2I, I @ 0° & 180° and 5 x I @ 0° & 180°) will
automatically be sent to the correct box when the Bluetooth (Lock)
button is pushed and held.
5. For Auto RCD tests all results are automatically transmitted to the correct
boxes on the certificate (the appropriate value must be selected on the
PC or mobile device for each box when prompted) when the Bluetooth
(Lock) button is pushed and held on the MFT.
To force a test result into a specific certificate box double click the box
within the certificate and then push and hold the Bluetooth (Lock) button.

cheers trypod

if that was aimed at my post, but got those instructions in the manual :). havent got that far yet as i cant pair it with puter yet.

Hi
What bluetooth make are you trying to pair with?

is the computer set to look for bluetooth devices

pairing should be the easy part?

where are you based?

already paired.

happens enter 1234.

Hi
What bluetooth make are you trying to pair with?

is the computer set to look for bluetooth devices

pairing should be the easy part?

where are you based?

already paired.

happens enter 1234.

sorry trypod should of said ive got it paired with pc just cant get it working with the powersuite software. was wondering if it was something to do with it not being visable in download manager program. is it visable in your download manager program?

Reply to Megger MFT1553 problem!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net