Discuss Megger or Fluke???????????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mickytuff

Whats better and why, just bought a brand new megger with out a date firmware on, joke realy not impressed, thinkin of swappin while i can, any ideas greatly welcomed??????

i have fluke and megger gear , but fluke all the way.
Why ? its alot faster at taking readings

I have a Fluke 1653 (original) which I really liked. One of the best features is the test button on the test lead. Makes testing easier when we only have two hands.

The Fluke is my own personal tester.

My company use Megger's, which I have now come to like. Although my current tester is one of the older ones that doesn't have the auto RCD test function.

Dont know, picked it up today and had problem straight away, trippin rcbo on low loop setting, checked firmware after lookin on here and it has firmware V1.09, an old firmware, it was made/calibrated in january this year, not impressed at all as you can imagin, spoke to megger and they confirmed my suspicions. Brand new and no good, why not have a usb port so you can update it yourself, tester not testing means no income ((((

How does your Fluke compare to the older megger your using??, i like the auto test facility on loop setting and the max zs feature which stores highest reading too.........

Max Zs? Is that Fluke or Megger's, as neither of mine have that feature.

The Megger's auto tests on Zs, which I like.

It is difficult to compare the two, as I no longer use the Fluke.

The max zs is on the 1700 range not the 1552/1553, dont think they do anyway, so why buy fluke......any more reasons to buy a Fluke, my problem is ive mainly tested using meggers so unsure of the Fluke brand as it were.........???

I think mine is the 1502 or similar, which is very basic. Our company probably has 1000+ of these things which get circulated after calibrations.

I doubt I will see the newer Megger's any time soon.

I have this...........

Megger or Fluke???????????? 2015918_LCB2000-2-LCB2500-2-DS-en-V10_pdf---Adobe-Reader - EletriciansForums.net
loop/rcd

and this.......

Megger or Fluke???????????? M083225P01WL - EletriciansForums.net
ins res / continuity

i use seperates like a pro ;-)
they are both good , but the fluke more good lol.

I own the megger 1730 and this is my second one..... First got swapped due to odd readings.
No problems now with the latest firmware but I am appalled that you were given one several months old with out of date firmware, especially as all the instrument firms are aware of the problems we all had earlier in the year.

Reply to Megger or Fluke???????????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock