Discuss Megger readings in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bill avoider

I am planning to Meg a 480 volt 3 phase motor leads to ground using 1000 volts DC. What are acceptable ohm values and when should I be concerned.

I am planning to Meg a 480 volt 3 phase motor leads to ground using 1000 volts DC. What are acceptable ohm values and when should I be concerned.

I take it from your location you are an American, what does you NEC recommend?

1Mohm is the minimum here when a motor is tested at 500VDC. Although if you had a result this low, somethings going wrong somewhere and would need investigating.

I'm really disappointed,i thought this thread related to some extremely high readings of one sort,or another...still, 0.0005 Mohms,would not be acceptable :lips2:

OP is american. over there everything is mega, so he may have missed the M.

Reply to Megger readings in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am looking for a connection diagram or sugestions for a 2.2Kw single phase motor to drive a compressor. The spec plate shows that it can be...
Replies
Views
I want to check the insulation of the 3-phase 400VAC asynchronous squirrel cage motor. Motor's stator windings are connected in delta. I've read...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone -- So, I am looking to buy a used 5HP 3PH 208 V 10 inch Table saw --- (Motor Plate Data in Image) I am a DIY'er and in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Megger MFT Deals! Upgrade your toolkit with our exclusive offer! Purchase any of the Megger advanced multifunction testers –...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to do the 180 degree test on the aramature of a 240 volt electric motor, out of a blender. Youtube would sujest that the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock