Discuss Megger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wish I had still got it.

I’ve had more apprentices dancing a Jig with it than I can remember. It was done to me as well! It was part of your right of passage in to the trade.

just before i got laid off a few years ago we have a great clear out, and 3 went in the skip the brown ones with the handle on the side.

Just had a firmware update done on our MFT 1720, still getting big differences between 2 wire low and 3 wire high L-E loop impedance tests.
Bought it for the ease of 2 wire testing earth loop testing, seems 2 wire tests are not accurate.
We too were contacted by phone, they do give a good after sales service.

Just had a firmware update done on our MFT 1720, still getting big differences between 2 wire low and 3 wire high L-E loop impedance tests.
Bought it for the ease of 2 wire testing earth loop testing, seems 2 wire tests are not accurate.
We too were contacted by phone, they do give a good after sales service.

I've given up completely on 2-wire no-trip testing on my 1730. The 3-wire is what I would expect but the 2-wire readings are sometimes double!

Dream on, a company with a conscience now a days!

I would really like to think that Megger are one of the few Companies left who do think about their customers, as we are a pretty captive market.
If anyone from Megger reads this, please could you let me know the state of affairs with the 1700's and the unreliable 2-wire testing. I have e-mailed your tech support but got no reply, and the guy I spoke to on the phone told me that I "have to judge for myself" whether a 2-wire test is accurate!!! How the heck will I know without doing a 3-wire test first?

Quite frankly, I have lost faith in my 1730 and Megger at this moment. Please tell me something to restore it....

Sorry to crush your dreams.

I've had big problems with Megger and my 1730. Still in correspondence with them so can't say too much, but will list out the whole affair soon :(

I wasn't aware they were contacting owners direct, but funnily enough it was something I suggested. It's all very good offering this service, but what are you supposed to do whilst you are without your MFT for a week or two having it put right. It should have been right, out of the box new!

BTW test leeds were mixed up in the warehouse so if you buy a new 1730 and the switched probe doesn't work then you probably have a 1720 lead!

Reply to Megger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net