Discuss Memera 2000 RCBO definitive answer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

lurch

-
Reaction score
Hi

I have seen a couple of posts on this subject but they go back a bit and dont appear to have a definitive answer. I have a MEM Memera 2000 CU, where I need to provide RCBO protection to the lighting circuit to cover some additions I have made in the bathroom. There is already a Eaton 16A N14928 RCBO in place for a recent upgrade in the property. I am struggling to find this component, so would apreciate some help in establishing where I can get the correct RCBO that will fit (I also notice the coper busbar is a little wider than usual, but if the worsts comes to the worse I can file a little off)

Thx in advance

why not come off the MEM board into a stand-alone RCBO or RCD in enclosure alongside.?

Bizarrely I've just been presented with the same problem, customer has had a bathroom refurbished, and hadn't had any electrics altered, until they remembered the Led vanity cupboard. Property has a Memera 2000 CU, with no rcd protection for lighting. Don't really want to add standalone RCD unit, as CU is in prominent position in utility room. Call to Eaton suggest an mcb MBH106 will fit the Memera CU, with a field fit Eaton MR30 RCD Pod. Has anyone done this i.e. is it an easy install etc, just querying because the RCD Pod costs nearly £80?

Bizarrely I've just been presented with the same problem, customer has had a bathroom refurbished, and hadn't had any electrics altered, until they remembered the Led vanity cupboard. Property has a Memera 2000 CU, with no rcd protection for lighting. Don't really want to add standalone RCD unit, as CU is in prominent position in utility room. Call to Eaton suggest an mcb MBH106 will fit the Memera CU, with a field fit Eaton MR30 RCD Pod. Has anyone done this i.e. is it an easy install etc, just querying because the RCD Pod costs nearly £80?
Strictly speaking a Memshield 2 breaker is not compatible with Memera 2000 units however it will fit. Not 100% sure if the pod fits the 2000 breaker but the MBH06 will fit. Memera 2000 mcbs do not fit Memshield 2 due to the busbar size. You can get Memera 2000 rcbos but they are two module.

Thanks for the reply Westward. My client's having a think about it, more likely to go for the local rcd when I told him the prices. Can only see to get the Memera 2000 rcbo's off ebay and the like. I'm not too comfortable with buying 'second-hand' products.

Please check with Eaton Tech. but got consumer interface products Cat.2004 shows 2000 and 2000 AD all mcb's etc are 6kA What is the cat.No. of 6 A mcb is it ALB061 if so it took a pod AH30.I have got 32A B MCB cat No.ALB321 put next to memsheild 2 mcb 10ka and it's identical IMO it is albut the KA it is a memsheild 2 and I think that the only difference between the rcd pod of that of the consumer unit and commercial DB'S is the neutral/earth fly leads.But as I first put give tech a ring they are very helpfull.

Please check with Eaton Tech. but got consumer interface products Cat.2004 shows 2000 and 2000 AD all mcb's etc are 6kA What is the cat.No. of 6 A mcb is it ALB061 if so it took a pod AH30.I have got 32A B MCB cat No.ALB321 put next to memsheild 2 mcb 10ka and it's identical IMO it is albut the KA it is a memsheild 2 and I think that the only difference between the rcd pod of that of the consumer unit and commercial DB'S is the neutral/earth fly leads.But as I first put give tech a ring they are very helpfull.
They are virtually identical apart from the busbar connection as the Memera 2000 is narrower hence a Memshield 2 will definitely fit.

What is the mcb already there ? I bet the pod fits on it.We new from Eddies so still available if did not want to get from ebay

I used to fit loads f those boards , If I were you just make sure the existing MCB has the facility to attach the new pod , because some MCBs didn't have the removable section at the front i.e. solid type front , if it has the facility to accept then yes all you need is the RCD pod ..........

I used to fit loads f those boards , If I were you just make sure the existing MCB has the facility to attach the new pod , because some MCBs didn't have the removable section at the front i.e. solid type front , if it has the facility to accept then yes all you need is the RCD pod ..........
I could be wrong but I am sure MEM aligned both types so they are compatible a fair few years back.

I have a few spares in the garage I will take some photos tomororow to show what I mean

Chaps thanks for the replies, the customer has gone for a local RCD. Tried to sell the rcbo, but all he wants is his led vanity unit working at the most cheapest cost. Incidentally, a week ago, at the property I disconnected a no longer required shaver socket 4' feet away from the new vanity unit. Said to the customer, had he remembered, the cable to the old socket, which could of been 'damaged', been replaced and 'moved' to the new position! Not now though.

Reply to Memera 2000 RCBO definitive answer in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock