Discuss Merlin gerin 3 phase board compabile mcbs/rcbos in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why you ask, ....

The paperwork states to use Merlin only so you should follow manufacturers guidelines to keep to regs, although we do have a few options because Schneider are Merlin Gerin and they also do Square D with the sprung 2pin plug in mcbs... these are molded to the same spec and are actually the same mcb but have a pin attachment added, remove the pins to get an identical mcb.

This will of course be generation of the mcb dependant but Merlin boards are good for been backwards compatable.

So to sum up -

Schneider, Merlin and Square D are the same molded breaker with different brand names ... although older gen' won't be the same or some of their obscure ranges.

They are all expensive and if this is your concern ...its tough, they are what they are.

Agree with the above post 5, that said they are so redily available I am wondering why you are asking, as there are a few of us wondering Paul can you let us know why?

I'm wondering, why someone that obviously has so little electrical understanding is playing around with 3 phase work?? My advise to you, is get yourself a mentor or hire a qualified electrician, before you injure or kill yourself or worse someone else!!

Schneider are Merlin Gerin and they also do Square D with the sprung 2pin plug in mcbs... these are molded to the same spec and are actually the same mcb but have a pin attachment added, remove the pins to get an identical mcb.

They now fill the square D types with some type of glue so you can't get the pins out anymore...

Well, unless you spend an hour digging the glue out the screw head until you can unscrew it...adapt and overcome...ha

The reason I asked is cause I'd seen Schneider ones that look compatible and are half the price so if they were compatible and they was no issues with using them, then I would of considered them.
Paul if you have a bunker near where you are, I strongly suggest you get into it sharpish.

Attachments

• 292900_ts.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 100
the best substituete is protek. that nice man at CEF told me so.:ack2:

I'm asking for advice here, not to be talked down to

This forum is not a free advice service, it is an online community of electricians not too different from a bunch of electricians having a chat in real life. If you ask a lot of basic and daft questions you will get banter back. And to be honest you have got off pretty lightly with the questions you have been asking recently.

I'm asking for advice here, not to be talked down to
Paul if I wanted to talk down to you fella you would know, I am actually trying to get you to look at your last few posts mate, I would really like to try to stop you getting a fisting here, but alas I may be on to a losing battle, the posts regarding switching a single phase supply through a triple pole isolator was honestly ridiculous, I will not talk you down if you feel I am, I will leave the thread, but when the big boys start on you later I can only say you have been warned.

Reply to Merlin gerin 3 phase board compabile mcbs/rcbos in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net