Discuss Messed up order. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Ordered 3x Hylec overloads (4.6-6.5A) from Screwfix.

Next day received:

1x Hylec overload in box that says 0.5-2.5A
2x BG 40A RCBO

WTF?

Looking at the overload, despite what it says on the box, Screwfix sticker says 4.6-6.5A, risked it and opened it and inside is a 24-28A overload!

How can you make so many mistakes?!

Let's all slag off Screwfix, eh?
I ordered a dozen RCBOs, and 6 of them were exactly what it said on the box, the ratings on the others were all wrong. Now, is this a case of careless packing at the factory, or careless repacking of returned goods, by Screwfix? Or maybe the original customer returned a few that were surplus to requirements, and just bunged them in the wrong boxes and Screwfix just re stocked them without checking?
I took the wrong ones back, and opened the replacement ones at the counter...2 of 6 were wrong again.
Having said that, normally I am happy with their service and returns and where else can you get some essential stuff at sparrow-fart on a saturday or sunday?
Good for some stuff, not so good for others, imho. Not correct to dismiss them completely as they do provide a service.

I Avoid screwfix unless caught very short at the weekend...

Problem then is you have to cue for 45 dang minutes while DIYDave and FixityourselfSteve spend fecking ages at the till trying to buy themselves a consumers unit and all the associated gubbins

Or some t&&t trying to ask the numbty behind the counter which size af screw he should buy .or mrs F&&king diyer me husband has sent me it for the taps that i will have fit me self why he at the pub.

I Avoid screwfix unless caught very short at the weekend...

Problem then is you have to cue for 45 dang minutes while DIYDave and FixityourselfSteve spend fecking ages at the till trying to buy themselves a consumers unit and all the associated gubbins

Screw fix have recently opened a store over here in the iom..
Don’t know what there like over there but here they have 2 areas; 1 for builders, etc and another room for electricians and plumbers..
To have access and be supplied goods in our special area I had to show evidence that I was a qualified spark..
I’ve been back a few times but never have what I want or only 1 item on the shelf.. Never anybody in there, in our special area

That ‘special’ counter sells pretty much exactly the same carp as the regular builders / diy counter....

Anyone tried toolstation ?

Ordered 3x Hylec overloads (4.6-6.5A) from Screwfix.

Next day received:

1x Hylec overload in box that says 0.5-2.5A
2x BG 40A RCBO

WTF?

Looking at the overload, despite what it says on the box, Screwfix sticker says 4.6-6.5A, risked it and opened it and inside is a 24-28A overload!

How can you make so many mistakes?!
Having worked for them, I find it hard to believe that mistakes like this don't happen more frequently.

Not sure if you ordered these Hylec parts to collect from a store, or ordered for delivery.

If collecting from Screwfix, I'm always wary of a box that has been opened, it is liable to be damaged, missing bits or not even the right part. I then either ask if they have an unopened box, or inspect it very carefully.

It is also not uncommon to be given the next item stored on the same shelf. So you perhaps order an RCBO and get given a 15mm isolating valve. The young lad/lass picking the parts has no idea what they are or what they should look like.

To have access and be supplied goods in our special area I had to show evidence that I was a qualified spark..
A few of us have joined the 'Electricfix' section. One guy showed them his 13th edition cert and they accepted it. Just shows how fussy they are !!

A few of us have joined the 'Electricfix' section. One guy showed them his 13th edition cert and they accepted it. Just shows how fussy they are !!
Did they have exams for the 13th edition then? Didn't think the thought of money making courses was about in those days.

Screwfix came top of the poll a year ago for the most used wholesaler (on thus site).
I find they generally have what I want in stock (which you can easily check on the website) and are good value. I can't remember them making any mistakes with an order and they give you your money back without quibble.
They don't know anything about electrics but I don't really see why they need to as you know what you are buying.
In my store they are friendly and have doughnuts on Wednesday. :)

Reply to Messed up order. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock