Discuss Metal TV Aerial Points - Earth or not to Earth?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

chrisgc

Situation:

Brushed Chrome finished metal TV aerial points (in various rooms), all fixed to metal back boxes.

Do these metal face plates all need earthing? (if so how as at back of metal faceplate there appears to be no earth screw for any earthing to be terminated into).

Note:
The aerials I believe are all connected up to an aerial amplifier which runs off powers spurred from upstairs ring off FCU).
The packaging for the metal face plates on the back reads, To be installed by qualified electrician. Must be earthed.

i would contact the manu. and ask why they don't fit earthing terminals, if they want them earthing.

Yup, for the time it would take I'd email them and point out their schoolboy error.
I emailed Eterna once about their under unit lighting pointing out that the fixing screws were 1 1/4" long and would go straight through the cupboard base. 6 months later they started coming through with 2 sizes of screws in the fixing pack. It probably didn't have anything to do with my email but I like to think it did.

Reply to Metal TV Aerial Points - Earth or not to Earth?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock