Discuss metalclad double sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alancoulson

Does anyone know of a metalclad DSS with 4 fixing screws for the front plate. I have to replace several of these fronts and i dont want to replace the box as they are wired in old MIC cabling. Any info would be good.

Does anyone know of a metalclad DSS with 4 fixing screws for the front plate. I have to replace several of these fronts and i dont want to replace the box as they are wired in old MIC cabling. Any info would be good.

A picture of one of the existing ones would help :smilewinkgrin:

could be old WALSALL sockets ,used some on a bank once they were specified by bank finished all first fix when sockets came we had to chop all boxes out and replace with boxes with 4 fixings ,also on 2 gang sockets you had to put wire links between sockets

Had this in a charity shop last year. Ancient back boxes and accessories, some with two screws but at top and bottom, some with four screws. I just replaced the lot. Luckily they were repainting anyway.

Discontinued years ago i'm afraid!! If these are surface metal-clad sockets, you only need to remove the lock-nuts on the glands to replace the boxes. If flushed into the wall, then pass the job over to someone that knows how to work with MICC cabling!! ...Sorry!! lol!!

Discontinued years ago i'm afraid!! If these are surface metal-clad sockets, you only need to remove the lock-nuts on the glands to replace the boxes. If flushed into the wall, then pass the job over to someone that knows how to work with MICC cabling!! ...Sorry!! lol!!

And don't lose the locknut as they could be imperial :wheelchair: :grin:

Reply to metalclad double sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net