Discuss Meter Fixer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

scottishpower.engineer

Hey All, I am am now a meter fixer up in scotland working for Scot power, money is really poor, wish i was back with B.T. or back in Oz.. anyway hi to you all home to have some fun on here and learn as much as possible... to get back to OZ..
ANYONE know of other company who looking for meter fixer let me know.. cheers..:):):):)

just wondering if anyone could give me any hints or tips for a meter fixer interview tomorrow.There asking questions about the job role and I am new to it.Fully trained but would like a heads up.Cheers if anyone can help.

allright there i got a interview with sp for a meter fixer job would you recomed it ? currently in call centre . do you wor as part of a team or on your own ? do you get your own van ? hows the money ?

it all depends on how much you like your own job.. I have left SP and with Scottish Pish Electric.. they are all the same crap.. your day flies in but you do far to much for what you get paid money is crap.. call me if you want anymore detail.. own van not for private use though.. 07825015876

Is it just the basic meter set up you guys are doing or have they started training you up on white meter heating set ups?

it all depends on how much you like your own job.. I have left SP and with Scottish Pish Electric.. they are all the same crap.. your day flies in but you do far to much for what you get paid money is crap.. call me if you want anymore detail.. own van not for private use though.. 07825015876

what is the training like ? how many meters do you have to change per day ? would you say that it is a easy job your reply would be appreciated mate.

hi

I am just waiting for a telephone interview from scottish power for a meter fixer.
It will be a completely new field for me so I would like to give it a go.
I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers on the type of questions they ask on the phone. Can anyone advise???
Also what is their training like?

Many Thanks in advance.
Neil

you should prepare questions to ask them good way of showing initiative

Thanks for the reply.

What sort of questions would you think they will ask, and what sort of experience would they be looking for.

I am not from an installation background and my electrical knowledge is based on home DIY. Would you think that this is sufficient for there requirements?

Regards
Neil

please can any one tell me what a meter fixer does in detail for scottish power need to sell myself tomorrow , for interveiw cheers john

Reply to Meter Fixer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock