Discuss meter reader has been in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

benji

-
Arms
Reaction score
meter reader told elderly couple up the street " are they aware their fuse box (1970s MEM rewirable ) has asbestos inside it and should be replaced "

tell them not to worry. it's not likely they're going to poke and prod at it.

Smart gas meter installer left my client a warning notice for bonding.
I rocked up with all the gear and sure enough bonding leaves the CU but all gas pipes are under the floor or boxed in. Plastic incoming pipe to external box and copper pipe tested with very good earth so advised client that it was a fair cop and his flat looks like it has been built to code and i would expect the earth tag to be within a few feet of where it enters the building (which is under his bedroom floor). As he is handy, suggested he moved his bed away , pulled the carpet up and look for an access hatch in the floor...... not much i could do.....

We had one last week where the meter fitter informed the customer that we should have replaced the existing timber back board that the meter and cut out was fixed to.
Apparently we left it in a dangerous state and it should have been done as a matter of course! :tearsofjoy: Tw*t

that board is not your responsibility. it's the DNO's. as the cut-out and meter are on it. as you said. Tw4t.

That's what I told the customer when she phoned me up effing and jeffing. He'd really gone to town saying how dangerous it was and we should have fixed it before commencing any work.
I explained that the board is the responsibility of the DNO and all we did was wire up their new boiler and issued a minor works cert.
"Well the meter fitter said you should have done"
"Well the meter fitter is wrong, Goodbye"

That's what I told the customer when she phoned me up effing and jeffing. He'd really gone to town saying how dangerous it was and we should have fixed it before commencing any work.
I explained that the board is the responsibility of the DNO and all we did was wire up their new boiler and issued a minor works cert.
Should have asked for the response in writing and then taken the tw3t to task blaady tw6t

Might be different this side of the pond, but the back board will be customers responsibility, not the DNO's. And they charge a hansom fee for coming out to remove and reinstate their equipment in these cases as well.

I always turned down a job if cu was on meter board in the good old days of Norweb. Board only for dno equipment, and we charged £20 for second visit!

Had a job where meter reader told a department store the supply was extremely dangerous, as it was taking too much electricity and could blow up at any minute. Shop was evacuated, found a maximum demand meter on site, and the time switch which reset the MD indicator every half hour had failed, so indicator was hard over. Actually pulling about 30 amp on each phase.

He
He was trying it on to get a freebie........

Reply to meter reader has been in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net