Discuss meter tails 16mm 10mm earth in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys got a cu to change from the meter to old cu there is 16mm tails with 10 mm earth

as the meter is locked off with crimps & wire

what is the proper way off changing the tails to 25mm and 16mm earth

can I chop and get into the meter without any come backs ?

or can i leave it as it is on 16mm tails & 10mm earth reason why i,m asking is i dont think the 16mm earth will fit in the earth terminal on side of main fuse income.

1 x ring up/down sockets
1 x ring celler sockets
up lights
down lights
celler lights
cooker

cheers jon

what's the supply fuse rating? and what earthing system. sounds like TNC-S. IMO safe isolation overrules cutting seals. since deregulation, suppliers don't seem bothered any more. are you sure the seals have not already been removed?

Last edited:
100amp fuse yeah tnc-s system wink wink eh

thing is though i still dont think the 16mm earth will fit in connector on side of meter? 10mm just fits in. i checked as i had some on van

you mean on side of cut-out for TNC-S surely. for 100A fuse, you really should fit 25mm tails.

Reply to meter tails 16mm 10mm earth in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Customer has an extension and this compromises existing meter position, DNO is extending incomer and putting meter box on a different...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a domestic installation to rewire and the main incoming fuse is 80 amp so i am using 16mm double insulated tails, is the main earth size...
Replies
Views
Hello again, Was looking at installing yet another dedicated consumer box for my EV charger off the henley blocks and i noticed that a meter...
Replies
Views
Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock