Discuss Metrel MI3100 Rookie question in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Matth

Hi All,

A bit of a rookie question............

I have just bought a MI3100 from Test-meter (thanks good fast service) was using it today and trying to do R1+ R2 with the supplied lead with 3 pin plug on Ring circuit.

I didn't seem to be getting any readings that made sense >1999 or open circuit. Used the Megger and got the expected readings.

Do I have to use a Kewtec R2 socket tester or is there a setting on the Metrel that I an not using correctly.

Thanks for your help in advance guys.

You can't use the BS1363 lead on the continuity ranges (it's for Zs loop and RCD tests), you will need an 'R2 adaptor' in combination with your tip commander and ground lead, or remove the socket plate and measure at the socket terminals.
Play the instruction manual CD there should be video demonstration of all the test methods.:)
If all else fails you could of course read the comprehensive instruction manual, though it's not an easy read, unless it's been update since I last saw it.:rolleyes:

That was the conclusion that I came to as I did the Zs and rcd tests with that lead. And I must say it worked really well, easier to use than the megger.
I didn't see any videos on the cd supplied, but I only got it yesterday and jumped right in the deep end with it today. Looks like I will be buying a R2 socket adapter tomorrow and looking at the cd in greater detail.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to Metrel MI3100 Rookie question in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock