Discuss Metrel Smartec Testers in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

treelectric

I have Metrel loop tester MI 2122 and Continuity tester MI2123, but there are some functions I can't get to work properly. Anyone got a copy of manual for these? The data sheet that can be downloaded from website gives no instructions.
Incidentally if anyone has anytips about the 2391 practical, please see posting '2391 Practical' on Electrical Courses Feedback Forum. Would be glad of some help regards timing. Thanks.

i have a metrel 2192 worst tester i ever purchased no backup service...no firmware upgrades...no software upgrades...no backup service...i have been trying to dump mine for a couple of years now...i decided to rather invest my money wisely and purchased a fluke 435 instead...and a 1653.

i had problem with the 1653 in the beginning because i thought it was the instrument which was faulty so i sent it back had it recalibrated...got it back and carried numerous tests and found that old lead cables were the problem and not the 1653...also had issues with error 5 which has since been sorted out now that i understand the 1653.

i also had error 4 but we found the when carrying out loop tests the earth contact must be sound.

Reply to Metrel Smartec Testers in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Has anyone got the cd or a copy of the Instal-Link software that comes with the Metrel? I've tried the Metrel website but no joy. I will email...
Replies
Views
I forgot I had a Di-Log 9803P so called '17th Edition Tester!?', it was a rash ebay purchase a long while ago intended as a spare, and I discarded...
Replies
Views
T
Just to update on my witterings re DNO and unclear direction reponse regards maintaining/providing earthing point; P.S. this has been taken to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope that you are all well and enjoying your weekend. I have a Megger Pat3 tester which I inherited from my dad. I now want to get...
Replies
Views
I'm a Facilities Manager and not an electrician though I do have some electrical qualifications of some years ago. I wonder if anyone would like...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock