• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss MFT 1553 Megger. in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

baillybhoy

HI,new to this forum for one reason and that is to sell my unused megger,i received this as security payment for work i had done for a company who are unfortunately no longer trading.I have no idea of value and first reasonable offer will be accepted,

Regards,

John.

can you give me some idea of how much you are looking for?

Anyone even contemplating handing over 200 of your hard earned for something that's worth over ÂŁ500 must be an idiot, bargains like that just don't happen!

Anyone even contemplating handing over 200 of your hard earned for something that's worth over ÂŁ500 must be an idiot, bargains like that just don't happen!

Anyone willing to pay over ÂŁ500 for something that isn't worth over ÂŁ500, must also, be an idiot.....

Not sure what your getting at to be honest pal. A mint (unused) 1553 will sell for ÂŁ400+ all day long.

Why would anyone sell one for half the price? It must be either knackered or non-existent!

Not sure what your getting at to be honest pal. A mint (unused) 1553 will sell for ÂŁ400+ all day long.

Why would anyone sell one for half the price? It must be either knackered or non-existent!

Or it's stolen and fell off the back of a lorry. Or it's a fake that recently arrived in a container from Pingpongpoo.:joker:

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I'm sitting in the sun enjoying a previously unused genuine Megger MFT 1553 with all it's accompanying accessories and original paperwork.

ash_s3 you have the wrong attitude to other people and life, unless of course by "Absolute ********." you mean "Absolute discount." Why you would want to be so nasty to someone else you've never personally met, spoken to or know of astounds me. It must just be from your life's experiences until now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive and I've even been stung before when trusting someone _too_ much, so I treat everything with a healthy suspicion but after some good discussions with the seller and a healthy amount of mutual trust, proof and checking, a safe solution to the deal was then found. Although MarkieSparkie you have the right approach, on this occasion you are wrong.

Sorry telextric, I'd also sent a pm to the user with my contact details as soon as I saw the post which was before I put a comment on the post because the users mailbox was full and I couldn't reply again.

Mickys86 you are spot on.

Fair play sounds like a bargain.
I don't remember being nasty to the seller?? I've been stung before, I'm a member on lots of forums and they all seem to have issues with people selling items they don't actually have in their possession!
I just tread very carefully when buying on line and stick to the motto of if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!
The word that had been starred out was b o l l o c k s, I wasnt being nasty to the seller.

Enjoy playing with your tester in the sun, I'll be enjoying a cold one instead.

No offence meant by my posts just didn't want honest chaps being stung out of their hard earned.

All the best

Fair play sounds like a bargain.
I don't remember being nasty to the seller?? I've been stung before, I'm a member on lots of forums and they all seem to have issues with people selling items they don't actually have in their possession!
I just tread very carefully when buying on line and stick to the motto of if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!
The word that had been starred out was b o l l o c k s, I wasnt being nasty to the seller.

Enjoy playing with your tester in the sun, I'll be enjoying a cold one instead.

No offence meant by my posts just didn't want honest chaps being stung out of their hard earned.

All the best

Hmmmmm I had guessed the starry word to be bulls___ haha

Reply to MFT 1553 Megger. in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net