Discuss MFT adaptors for PV panel checks in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Potential Power

Hi

I am looking at equipment at the moment. The metrel MI3125B looks like a great bit of kit, apart from one issue. The leads are connected via a non standard plug.

Test meter sell a set of leads that have mc4 connectors on them for about £20, but these have standard 4mm plugs, so will fit megger for example but not metrel. What solutions have people come up with to use a metrel for voltage tests on the pv panels.

Any other experienced solutions for the voltage testing would be welcome, plus experiences with various MFT's

I've made my own. Got a DC isolator, went to Maplins and got a couple of test post connectors. Fitted the posts to the cover and directly to the input cables. On the other end of the switch I put it a short circuit on the terminals.

In OFF mode - measure voltage at posts for Voc, in ON mode use clampmeter on cables for Isc.

You could buy these (Schuco) for about £90.

Do you have a pic of it you could send me please, and a link of where the schuco one can be puchased ?

Also which tester do you use ?

Sorry double posted for some reason !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to MFT adaptors for PV panel checks in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, So I have decided to sell my Megger MFT1721 - See photos below. Originally I bought this for when I was doing my C&G 2391-52 course & then I...
Replies
Views
Hi, how can I connect my Kewtech R2 lead to my Metrel MFT so that I do not have to carry the R2 reel with me whilst doing R2 testing? There was...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Looking to replace my current generic test leads that are starting to show signs of variable readings. I also find the crocodile clips don't tend...
Replies
Views
I have bought some net led lights that are permanently installed outside. The problem is, I don't have an outdoor socket. And the socket in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock