Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Micro inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jaycee

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all

What are your thoughts on micro inverters, do the initial costs warrant the increase in price over a standard inverter arrangement?

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

jason121

-
Arms
Enecsys are only good if you have a shade issue, I have them fitted on my roof, have to log on internet every time to see outputs.If no shade use a good quality standard inverter.
I am sure someone will explain how the solar edge are in comparsion

J

Jaycee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you, has anybody used the enphase version?

J

Jaycee

They seem to have really taken off over in the states, higher efficiency and greater yields due to 25 per cent higher outputs

Worcester

-
Mentor
Arms
You have to consider also other alternatives:

MicroInverters Enecys, Enphase, Involar, plus SMA and Power-One are also bringing them out soon.

or:

You could consider power optimisers - panel based MPP trackers that still pump out DC such as:
SolarEdge or Tigo

J

Jaycee

Any truth that many module manufactures are looking at installing microinverters onto panels as standard, and Market them as ac friendly panels?

Worcester

-
Mentor
Arms
Yes, and some are already embedding Tigo power optimisers

I swear by solar edge Fitted 100's all doing good on shaded and unshaded roof tops . even done them on flat roof and ground mounts

J

Jaycee

Sounds like you have bought into the technology mep, why do you think most installers are yet to buy into it?

Worcester

-
Mentor
Arms
Because they rely on price to get the deal. See the other threads posted by consumers, where numerous times ones of these technologies was the right solution, yet they have sold/bought on price and so haven't given the customer what is actually needed.

Reply to Micro inverters in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom