Discuss micro switches bypass in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

simon1

hi guys,i have a jet bandsaw with a knackered micro switch,not the on off. trying to get a replacement is nigh on impossible unless i wait 12 weeks!!! before i get anyone to look at it locally,is it possible to bypass the switch seeing as it only operates when the door is closed?
thanks for any suggestions or advice

12 weeks? What part are you looking for? Got a manufacturer/part number?

Any circuit diagrams?

What does the limit switch do?

Any circuit diagrams?

Any circuit diagrams?

Any circuit diagrams?

hi rob,im no expert but once you close the door in goes the button which completes the circuit for power.its called a micro switch its on a jwbs-9 jet bandsaw which is annoying as jet are not bad,,,,,so i thought

ye

p push the actuator with a pencil and away it goes plus you can see its worn

Of manually operating the switch works then the switch is not broken.
If it looks worn then it's more likely that the actuator has just worn down too short to operate correctly.
Either a small extension of the actuator or a raised pad on the door for it to push against would fix it.

Any circuit diagrams?

Rob,
Jet is Axminster Power Tools own brand, I doubt the switch or the machine meet any of the standards that we are used to!!!
Trust me I have worked on more than a few!!!

Bandsaw.jpg Same as the switch under the Start / Stop?

I bet there's a fairly standard microswitch under the cover, similar to these,

2x D3V-16-1C25 Microswitch without lever SPDT 16A/250VAC 10A/30VDC ON-ON OMRON | eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-D3V-16-1C25-Microswitch-without-lever-SPDT-16A-250VAC-10A-30VDC-ON-ON-OMRON-/201869769680?hash=item2f00603bd0:g:RfcAAOSwhQhY2cjt
ReportSelectUsedAdPhoto2

thanks for that,the switch is marked as 250v.5a but how do you know if the connectors from the saw will fit the new switch?

just a thought,as i dont know ,been offered a small switch(tiny button) the terminals are really small,if i used a smaller crimp connector ie 3.8mm would that work/be safe,and yes the switch is exactly the same on mine

Reply to micro switches bypass in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net