• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss millwauke angle drill in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

loplug

Electrician's Arms
any one have any experience of these I have the 18v combi drill impact and sds which I am impressed with the sds so much so I have retierd my bosch 36v. thinking of adding an angle drill for drilling out first fixes.

Phil Thompson

Let us light up your life!
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
I wouldn’t have thought so. The hole hog looks the dawgs lol

If I had enough use I’d grab the de walt flex volt equivalent probably. Cos I’ve got batteries for it already.

Andy78

Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Most angle drills will cope up to 20mm quite efficiently. The hole hawgs are different beasts altogether though, depends what you need them for. There are 2 versions of the hawg, both a lot bulkier than an angle drill, but hugely smaller than the dewalt version. That looks like it needs to be bench mounted.
I could only justify one if I used it daily to be honest.

Pepe

Trainee Access
I purchased the hole hawg. It is great, but only as good as the bits you use. Try the bosch self feed spade bits. They make light work of drilling joists.
Also found that the hole hawg doesn't use as much battery as a combi drill does drilling joists.
Powertoolsgb.co.uk currently selling it for 218 quid inc vat. I paid 250 for it so that's not bad deal.
Would definitely recommend it.

loplug

Electrician's Arms
well I have a 110v Makita one that does the job but one less corded tool and the fact that I am a tool whore are big factors

loplug

Electrician's Arms
I purchased the hole hawg. It is great, but only as good as the bits you use. Try the bosch self feed spade bits. They make light work of drilling joists.
Also found that the hole hawg doesn't use as much battery as a combi drill does drilling joists.
Powertoolsgb.co.uk currently selling it for 218 quid inc vat. I paid 250 for it so that's not bad deal.
Would definitely recommend it.
I have been using the bosch self feed bits agree that the make light work of it

bigspark17

Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
I have the hawg, its amazing! Dont know how i 1st fixed without it, i use milwaukee nail proof bits, not cheap bits but fly through joists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.