Discuss Milwaukee 2206-40 vs Fluke T5-600 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

gaz76

-
Reaction score
Had the fluke for many a year now and the leads have finally given up the ghost, time for a new one, been looking at the milwaukee for a change, has anyone had any experience with the milwaukee or should I just get myself a new fluke? or is there any similar ones i have missed that people would recommend?

What if it was a mega bright torch? Have the t5 myself had it for many years just the leads are wrecked

Heavens! You are contemplating buying a new meter that is twice the cost of the one you have and that you have not tried or tested, or a new Fluke T5, all because you need a new set leads for the existing Fluke T5. You would need to have blind faith in the Milwaukee and money to burn IMO to choose that option. Unless the existing T5 (apart from the leads) is damaged, why even consider buying a new one, the design and specification has changed only in minor ways over the years. I can only think of one reason for such a purchase, maybe you currently have a 600V version and can justify the need for the 1000V version. Otherwise be sensible and save money, just buy a new set of leads for your faithful friend.

Heavens! You are contemplating buying a new meter that is twice the cost of the one you have and that you have not tried or tested, or a new Fluke T5, all because you need a new set leads for the existing Fluke T5. You would need to have blind faith in the Milwaukee and money to burn IMO to choose that option. Unless the existing T5 (apart from the leads) is damaged, why even consider buying a new one, the design and specification has changed only in minor ways over the years. I can only think of one reason for such a purchase, maybe you currently have a 600V version and can justify the need for the 1000V version. Otherwise be sensible and save money, just buy a new set of leads for your faithful friend.

jeepers I can only apologise for causing you such outrage, I mean posting on a forum asking for comparisons on two different tools? hopefully hospital treatment wasnt needed for the shock that you seem to have suffered

Reply to Milwaukee 2206-40 vs Fluke T5-600 in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net