Discuss Milwaukee Packout Storage alternative in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I’ve decided that I need a storage system as my bag is becoming overloaded. I have a Packout box currently which holds my 12v SDS, Combi, Impact and Saw. I know you can get the trolley system but it’s so expensive. Is it really worth the price?

I have seen a Magnusson Storage which including an organiser is £132.

Screwfix almost always have it in offer, last time for £199 I think
Last time it was £219, so I'd guess the £199 offer is done and dusted. It'll likely be back at some stage for £219.

Tool storage seems to be big business, judging by some of the prices charged for bags/boxes etc. No way would I give £179 for that Klein trolley bag - not enough storage space for the money. Not sure how good Dewalt's Tough System is, but I'd sooner give £20 less for the vastly greater capacity it offers.

Last time it was £219, so I'd guess the £199 offer is done and dusted. It'll likely be back at some stage for £219.

Tool storage seems to be big business, judging by some of the prices charged for bags/boxes etc. No way would I give £179 for that Klein trolley bag - not enough storage space for the money. Not sure how good Dewalt's Tough System is, but I'd sooner give £20 less for the vastly greater capacity it offers.

I think you are right. The CK bag looks okay. Plenty of room for tools. I think the problem I have at the moment is whilst I’m doing my apprenticeship I’m always with someone. It’s dependant on them having the room in their van to load a trolley. This is we’re the CK bag makes a little sense. So there is that to consider.

I think you are right. The CK bag looks okay. Plenty of room for tools. I think the problem I have at the moment is whilst I’m doing my apprenticeship I’m always with someone. It’s dependant on them having the room in their van to load a trolley. This is we’re the CK bag makes a little sense. So there is that to consider.

I have that same problem. Most days it's the packout trolley as everything goes in it, but when necessary it's backpack and holdall which are a nightmare to carry any distance.

I have that same problem. Most days it's the packout trolley as everything goes in it, but when necessary it's backpack and holdall which are a nightmare to carry any distance.

I know it’s a pain. I think what I’m going to do is look in B&Q at the Magnusson and Milwaukee to get a feel for them. The Magnusson seems pretty good value. But the CK does seem to fit what I require. I will see.

I know it’s a pain. I think what I’m going to do is look in B&Q at the Magnusson and Milwaukee to get a feel for them. The Magnusson seems pretty good value. But the CK does seem to fit what I require. I will see.

Big problem I have with bags is the fact that stuff eventually pokes through the side - the packout backpack is great, but I know it'll eventually develop a hole or two. To be fair to Klein, their bag is made from some sort of ballistic material and that would go some way to justifying the price - I just don't feel it would go far enough to justify that much money when other trolley systems offer far greater capacity for little more (or even less) money.

Big problem I have with bags is the fact that stuff eventually pokes through the side - the packout backpack is great, but I know it'll eventually develop a hole or two. To be fair to Klein, their bag is made from some sort of ballistic material and that would go some way to justifying the price - I just don't feel it would go far enough to justify that much money when other trolley systems offer far greater capacity for little more (or even less) money.
That is true about the Klein. But I suspect that your paying for the brand more than anything. I’m also curious about the Magnusson. It gets good reviews all round tbh and is a good price overall.

Reply to Milwaukee Packout Storage alternative in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net