Discuss Milwaukee Packout - Worth it in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Someone suggested this

Rolling Tool Bag, Tradesman Pro Tool Bag on Wheels with High Clearance, Portable Tool Box up to 250 Pounds Klein Tools 55473RTB https://amzn.eu/d/fJvwUz5

I’ve had one in the past. It’s well made. Nice wheels on it so goes up stairs etc. the one thing that let it down was the hinges on the two clasps. They aren’t that strong and could easily be bent or damaged. You can’t get spares. I’ve asked Klein U.K. directly. It’s got some pockets in the middle for hand tools and the front pocket. It’s not that organised if you need something that’s in the bottom.

The problem is, with working for a small company we tend to work with other Engineers. So there is limited room in the vans. Which are Berlingo. So you have limited space. Ideally I would take my M12 kit, screw box and my Tool Bag. The Tool Bag only fits so much. As I like to be prepared. Not rely on people to have this and that.

It’s finding a storage solution that would work.

The problem is, with working for a small company we tend to work with other Engineers. So there is limited room in the vans. Which are Berlingo. So you have limited space. Ideally I would take my M12 kit, screw box and my Tool Bag. The Tool Bag only fits so much. As I like to be prepared. Not rely on people to have this and that.

I think you have the right idea with a stackable system, mainly to maximise every square inch of space in the van and use the vertical space. You could consider having one box with less commonly used tools to free up space in your tool bag, make that the bottom box in the van, then have your power tools in the top box.

Stacking systems (whoever makes them) are great but unless it's a really large job or parking is a very long way away you rarely want to be carting all the boxes to the the work site. Shifting more than 3 or 4 in one go becomes a bit unwieldly anyway!

By the way, I'm certainly not claiming it is the same quality as the pack-out - but this is a silly price at the moment: (£79.99)
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/dewalt-tstak-3-in-1-rolling-workshop/507jy

There's also the Toughsystem of course....currently about £100 cheaper than the pack-out.

I think you have the right idea with a stackable system, mainly to maximise every square inch of space in the van and use the vertical space. You could consider having one box with less commonly used tools to free up space in your tool bag, make that the bottom box in the van, then have your power tools in the top box.

Stacking systems (whoever makes them) are great but unless it's a really large job or parking is a very long way away you rarely want to be carting all the boxes to the the work site. Shifting more than 3 or 4 in one go becomes a bit unwieldly anyway!

By the way, I'm certainly not claiming it is the same quality as the pack-out - but this is a silly price at the moment: (£79.99)
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/dewalt-tstak-3-in-1-rolling-workshop/507jy

There's also the Toughsystem of course....currently about £100 cheaper than the pack-out.
Thanks for that Tim. I agree that it can be a pain carting several boxes. Hence why I was thinking about getting another Klein Tools bag. But then. I had the idea of a Milwaukee Packout Trolley

I know you can get this:

There is also this:

I could probably fit what I need in this:

As I’m looking at what I could get as an alternative to the Packout.

The Stanley Fatmax Pro is the old TStak system from Dewalt. They’ve made the clasps a little stronger when inter locking them.

Someone I know has one of these for sale at £50:

Rolling Tool Bag, Water Resistant Tool Storage Organizer Rolls on Rugged 15-cm Wheels, 24 Pockets, Load Tested to 90 kg, Klein Tools 55452RTB,Black/Orange https://amzn.eu/d/djozmJE

It’s in excellent condition. No damage to it whatsoever.

Stanley Fatmax Pro:

All I know is that I used to be able to buy Stanley FatMax and TSTAK and they fitted together. The last Stanley organiser tray I got from Screwfix was different and didn't clip onto TSTAK. Maybe the "Pro" is the bit I was lacking....

All I know is that I used to be able to buy Stanley FatMax and TSTAK and they fitted together. The last Stanley organiser tray I got from Screwfix was different and didn't clip onto TSTAK. Maybe the "Pro" is the bit I was lacking....

For me the trolley on its own is quite good. Plus you can fold it. As the Packout you have the main box that has the wheels and handle on it. Which means you always have to have that box. I’m just trying options as the Packout is probably the best on the market. Plus I’ve got Milwaukee Power Tools. It’s the cost of the box with the drawers unit it’s expensive.

Reply to Milwaukee Packout - Worth it in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net