Discuss Minor Works Cert help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
So I am currently registered with the NICEIC as a domestic installer, but I need to fill in a minor works for adding a spur to an existing ring as a dental surgery.

As I can't do this via NICEIC, can I download a model form, fill that in and give it to the client?
I've seen a couple of model forms online which all have a 'registration number' box at the bottom of it, which I'm not sure what they're after?

Thank you

Your NICEIC Registration number I would think. Why can't you "do it via NICEIC?"You are a member after all.

Last edited:
So I am currently registered with the NICEIC as a domestic installer, but I need to fill in a minor works for adding a spur to an existing ring as a dental surgery.

As I can't do this via NICEIC, can I download a model form, fill that in and give it to the client?
I've seen a couple of model forms online which all have a 'registration number' box at the bottom of it, which I'm not sure what they're after?

Thank you

Why can't you use the NIC on-line forms? Thats what you are paying top dollar for.

PS if you are a domestic installer, why are you doing commercial work, or is that the rub?

because it commercial .

Thank you

Providing your certificate contains the same information as is contained in the model forms in BS 7671, then you can create your own. I have an Excel spreadsheet I fill in and print for minor works.

You might also want to check with your insurer that your covered for work in commercial properties.

You're registered as a DI....are you a qualified electrician?

If so, I can't see a problem using NIC cert, even though it's commercial.
Then again, there is insurance cover to consider. Have a word with your provider, maybe.

Providing your certificate contains the same information as is contained in the model forms in BS 7671, then you can create your own. I have an Excel spreadsheet I fill in and print for minor works.

You might also want to check with your insurer that your covered for work in commercial properties.
Good point regarding the Commercial aspect.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

My insurance covers commercial work, the only reason I never registered as a domestic installer was because at the time of self employment I only had one job to show the inspector.
Will upgrade it when I get a chance now as I've done quite a few jobs.

So as above, as it is commercial, I can't fill in the NICEIC certificates online as they're not available to me. Only domestic ones are.

I am qualified up to C&G 2394/5 and have been working as an electrician for almost 10 years, so more than confident so self certify as long as its an option.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

My insurance covers commercial work, the only reason I never registered as a domestic installer was because at the time of self employment I only had one job to show the inspector.
Will upgrade it when I get a chance now as I've done quite a few jobs.

So as above, as it is commercial, I can't fill in the NICEIC certificates online as they're not available to me. Only domestic ones are.

I am qualified up to C&G 2394/5 and have been working as an electrician for almost 10 years, so more than confident so self certify as long as its an option.
So, do a domestic cert. You shouldn't be crapping y'self taking a chance on that. It's only a spurred socket, after all

try downloading this:

Attachments

• MEIWC 3 circuits with space for logo.pdf
    103.7 KB · Views: 37
Why can't you use the NIC on-line forms? Thats what you are paying top dollar for.

PS if you are a domestic installer, why are you doing commercial work, or is that the rub?
You do not have to be an NICEIC Approved contractor to do commercial work, the OP probably belongs to the D.I. scheme only for the notification for building control.

I didn't want to use the NICEIC online form as it states its a 'domestic certificate' at the top of the cert.
If it was my practise, I'd want it to say commercial or something to that effect.

Thanks for all the help though guys, will just fill in a model form now I know its acceptable.

I didn't want to use the NICEIC online form as it states its a 'domestic certificate' at the top of the cert.
If it was my practise, I'd want it to say commercial or something to that effect.

Thanks for all the help though guys, will just fill in a model form now I know its acceptable.
there is not one MWC that says that ,down load what TELE has put on the post that is good enough.

Reply to Minor Works Cert help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock