Discuss minor works cert. info needed in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jutty

for my part p inspection i have changed a battern holder in a bathroom to a drum fitting...but on that circuit is 6x12v down lighters, do you think i can get away with not IR testing due to the trannys on the circuit if i write it on the minor works cert..

the property has no main water bond or gas bond, i have wrote on the cert. no main bond to water and gas...thats all i can do really isn't it??

for my part p inspection i have changed a battern holder in a bathroom to a drum fitting...but on that circuit is 6x12v down lighters, do you think i can get away with not IR testing due to the trannys on the circuit if i write it on the minor works cert..

the property has no main water bond or gas bond, i have wrote on the cert. no main bond to water and gas...thats all i can do really isn't it??
:eek: no water or gas main bonds:eek: good luck with your inspection my friend i think you will need it.:eek:

You can change a fitting without informing anyone, you can use wet string to wire, no law against. You can do what you want. Right now in this country scare tactics are used to give work to council workers, most council 'inspectors' need a job, because a normal firm would not give them one.

You are correct in advising, no bonding thus qualifying your understanding of normal practice.

paul m
There is no law states water/gas has to be bonded, especially if overhead feed or plastic water input, or 17th edition.

While sometimes advisory, there is no statute law. Otherwise the courts would be full.

Last edited by a moderator:
paul m
There is no law states water/gas has to be bonded, especially if overhead feed or plastic water input, or 17th edition[/quote] what planet are you on,we are not talking about law we are talking about BS7671 which i know is non statutary but can still be used against you in a court,you are supposed to check earthing before doing any work and if not up to scratch you are supposed to inform the client,i know from past experience when he takes his nic man to this house for his assesment the first thing he will want to see is earth bonding to gas and water,and where did you get plastic from trhe original post never mentioned plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well your going to fail on two counts if its a NICEIC assessment
No equipotential bonding & not udertaking correct test/certification.
Another point if you have no equipotential bonding you'll be needing supplimentary bonding in the bathroom.

To IR test circuit at cu join line & neutral & test to earth & test at 500v or do it properly & remove the trannies & lamps.

no main bond to water and gas...thats all i can do really isn't it
It's not all you can do & you know it...............install the bonds at a price, if the customer declines the bonding to be done then walk.

As for the law thing wattsup ..... my understanding is that part P is the legal document along with electricity at work regulations & I think you'll find that it states in the part P doc that you as the installer must ensure your work complies with BS7671.
As paulm said if it went to court you'd be bashed with EAWR & part P & 7671 would be used as a refrence for compliance.

plastic water input, or 17th edition
Take a look at 544.1.2 & take in the bit about insulating section or insert.
your theory might be ok if all the pipework is in hep/plastic.

i will take him to another job not really a problem, just that was close to my home!!
to get bonds to gas and water would be a nightmare and they won't have it done to much damage, there attitude is everything works and there isn't a problem and the cost obviously!!!!!!!!!!!
and the 6 down lighters are in so tight the chances are removing them all will damage the plasterd ceiling!!
i thought advising the client would be sufficient!!!!

hi im tryin to get me self ready for my assesment with the nic on the green minor works cery where there is a box it says rcd BSEN my rcd is a 4293 im not sure wot type it is tho i think its a type B is this right thnks

i will take him to another job not really a problem, just that was close to my home!!
to get bonds to gas and water would be a nightmare and they won't have it done to much damage, there attitude is everything works and there isn't a problem and the cost obviously!!!!!!!!!!!
and the 6 down lighters are in so tight the chances are removing them all will damage the plasterd ceiling!!
i thought advising the client would be sufficient!!!!

that,s priceless i will just take him to another job if you were not so dangerous
that would be funny.
the equipotencial bonding should have been brought the customers attention
and done first.
if they are not willing to have it done you should not have done the lights
you are now responsible for an unsafe install

i suspect the original post was a wind up?! Late april fool? Daz

Reply to minor works cert. info needed in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock