Discuss minor works in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

michael_brooke

Hi guys
Ive installed a bathroom fan, off existing lighting circuit, which i use a minor works certificate, can i get away with testing the new addition to the circuit or do i need to test the whole circuit, already rcd protected, main bonding complies with 17th edition, dont want to cut corners.

There will be different answers to this but I'll stick my head above the parapit.

If and I mean if the install looks in good condition, you could do a Zs at the point you are joining to the circuit, then you the tests from this point and then do a Zs at the extreme and the RCD tests at the board. Obviously you note this on the cert.

I'm off down the bunker with my tin hat on now

i would say you get an IR & Zs on the existing circuit prior to extending/adding to...
do the work...then get an IR for the whole of that circuit together with Zs at the furthest point....
be sure to check the earthing arrangements first wont you...this includes visual and Ze....

Don't forget to ensure that the transformer is outside of any zones.
I'd test the whole of the LV circuit, as there'd not be much point in verifying the new part, only to find the old part's no good.
If the ZS is good at the end of the new part, there's not much point in testing the old part separately.

Don't forget to ensure that the transformer is outside of any zones.
I'd test the whole of the LV circuit, as there'd not be much point in verifying the new part, only to find the old part's no good.
If the ZS is good at the end of the new part, there's not much point in testing the old part separately.
my point at #3

Reply to minor works in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All I have been asked to supply a minor works certificate on a smart thermostat upgrade. Would I just test the dedicated circuit from the CU...
Replies
Views
Seeking advice, we have been replacing extractor fans for a local council and was originally told no ‘like for like’ replacement works needs a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Been asked to fit 2 lights and a switch, which in reality turned out to be rewiring a multiple PIR setup to a single switch, adding...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I just wanted to see if electrical improvers/adult trainees with appropriate levels of experience and who hold testing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock