Discuss Mira Advance 8.7KW, very poor water flow rate in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The water supply companies are very cagey,as i mentioned,but Southern Water,has a mild statement of intent,on their web page,under the title of "Managing water pressure".
They tell you what they do to the pressure - and when they do it:)

I apologise it does come across unfriendly when I read it back through. However I never suggested that you stated a 0.7 bar or any other figure.

Although it may appear to be 9LPM at 1bar, if you look through each provider has a different legal minimum pressure with the lowest being 0.7bar. There are several permutations on this revolving around the number of homes supplied of each point etc etc but this is the basic figure you should expect at your stop tap.

The management of water pressure to reduce leaks is common to all water supply companies however it is used to bring pressure back down over night balancing out for lower demand this should not of effected you and I hope you got your compensation:gbp:.

Cheers for the reply,my friend. I have to admit to a bit of insider information,on this,as not only have i dealt internally,with United Utilities,we have lots of friends,who are employed by them,stretching throughout the organisation.

This means,we have been privy to policies and information,some of which is not meant for "external consumption"...should we say;)

In my own personal quest,for information,i was blanked completely,and went through the list of hurdles,to the final one,where they fitted the data capture device. This was superfluous,as i had done this already,and only confirmed, my original complaint.

I knew the company policy,regarding this method of reducing leaks and energy costs....and to be fair,the lad who fitted the device,confirmed it...albeit,off the record...

The first 3 people i dealt with,denied the deliberate reduction in supply pressure,between the hours i described. The final email i received,confirmed it,and the reasons for doing it,and included my data capture read-out,which mirrored my own.

I never wanted compensation,and was never entitled,as the supply directives are still met. The minimum supply statements,all vary,and some,including my own provider,state "minimum supply head of 10M or a filling a 4,5 litre bucket from first drawing,in 30 seconds..."

The bucket nonsense,alludes to the 9 lpm,but the most important word in that statement...the one they go back to,when issues arise,and i have been involved in such matters....is the word "or".

They can stretch out this dual value,to the point where you are sick of making cups of tea,for the half dozen supply assessment and sampling technicians...which you have missed a days work,to meet....in the end...bottled water starts to look cheap:rolleyes:

We are lucky enough to have,in Urmston,the world's first municipal sewerage treatment plant,at Rivers Lane,and it is still in use.
My pals farm is next door (the farm is mapped 300+years ago) and the site and it's history is absolutely fascinating - space-age gas capture and generation,right alongside parts which have working infrastructure,older than anyone's nan:)

Anywho,i have probably bored you to the extent where you feel like running some water and pushing my head in ito_O

Finished a bit early today so I'm actually just sitting in the van waiting for him to get home so we can give this purge thing a try.

Fingers crossed

Arrived and the shower was on the bathroom floor :confused: Apparently his mate had a couple quiet days so he is retiling bathroom and kitchen and removed the shower so he could take tiles behind it off .

I found the purge button but it doesn't seem to work with no water or electric connected :rolleyes:. His pressure seems fine to me although I had no way of actually testing it, runs out the taps pretty rapid though.

Reply to Mira Advance 8.7KW, very poor water flow rate in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock