Discuss Mira Power Shower in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SimpleSimon

Morning gents. Just want something cleared up so I know whether it's me or the plumber that needs to go out.
Customer last Friday had both myself and the plumber in last week, I was rewiring immersion circuits, plumber was laying bathroom floor and raising the toilet to fit it in. So last Friday water was off.
Got a call this morning with customer saying Mira Power shower isn't working. He's saying that when he runs it on cold the pressure is good but as he turns the dial to get hotter the pressure drops to a dribble.
Does anyone know if Mira power showers have an internal cutout when there is low pressure to stop the solenoid burning out?
From the information I've given, would anyone say if I or the plumber needs to go back?

sure it's a power shower, i.e. pumping pre-heated water .hot and cold feeds to the shower itself?

If it’s hot and cold feed shower, how can it be anything to do with you? Most likely a bit of crap has floated in to the mixer.

First of all check the supply going to it then as Tony said check there is no blockages ie take off the hot feed and make sure you get a flow and last but not least make sure the shower does not have a cold water main feed opposed to a cold water tank feed

Hi Simon, It sounds like the the pump is air-locked. My bet would be that the plumber forgot to re-commision the shower unit after turning the water back on.

It doesn't actually have to be a bit of crap in the mixer, it could be that there is a restriction somewhere on the hot water supply side.
I suggest you establish just what sort of shower you have, and what type of boiler is fitted.
I'd also consider why exactly (if it is a power shower) it has been fitted.
If it's been fitted because of low hot water pressure, then that would indicate that there is a restriction on the hot water supply.
It may well be as you suggested in your first post, that there is a cut-out if the supply pressure is too low.
A look at the instructions should be able to confirm this.

Reply to Mira Power Shower in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net