Discuss Missing something? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Talking of Screwfix...try to buy some dust masks...
The first page says any order over 5 units will be reduced to 5 at checkout...
then no matter which item you click on, they are out of stock.
Now, this isn't just panic buying due to coronavirus, it's actually a direct result of Just In Time buying, so they have no stock...so much comes from China, and they aren't sending stuff right now.
Some well known global companies are runnng into millions of pounds of penalties a day because they can't deliver on contracts...
Thus, beware of panic. Prepare a shopping list.
The shelves could be emptied soon.
My list reads:

Gin
Loo rolls
Gin
Wine
Loo rolls
Tinned foods
Rice
Pasta
UHT milk
Gin
Loo rolls
Smoking requisites
Hygiene products appropriate to your situation
Nappies (not for me!)
Wagos (oh come on! You know you'll need them!)
Wine
More wine
Toothpaste
Shower gel
Water, lots of bottled water, gallons of it

please feel free to add your own ideas!

You forgot more gin at the end but other than that I totally agree!
My oh has already been preparing for the end of the world so we are fully set for a piddley virus that's so far only killed a handful of the 8ish Billion people out there! + most face masks wouldn't stop a virus for God's sake it's far too small to let a silly mask stop it infecting you if it wants!
Edit:
My local branch said people were coming in to buy them to send to people in China!o_O

Status symbol , -fashon statement -Wealth ?
most face masks wouldn't stop a virus for God's sake it's far too small to let a silly mask stop it infecting
I care about others statement ..
Science is broken (lost on some )
..If you sneeze wearing one does it Aerosolize
(beyond suggested 3 ft exclusion zone !)

...Plenty wore them before --in cities for Pollution worries....

Might be missing something but Screwfix seem to be selling massive meter tails....? Was this in amendment 1? ?
View attachment 55988
What does the rest of the advert read?

“To change your consumer unit....... you will need”?

we have to compete with things like this.

Today’s jobs include changing a gas boiler.... cos it’s only a bit of copper pipe innit?

Talking of Screwfix...try to buy some dust masks...
The first page says any order over 5 units will be reduced to 5 at checkout...
then no matter which item you click on, they are out of stock.
Now, this isn't just panic buying due to coronavirus, it's actually a direct result of Just In Time buying, so they have no stock...so much comes from China, and they aren't sending stuff right now.
Some well known global companies are runnng into millions of pounds of penalties a day because they can't deliver on contracts...
Thus, beware of panic. Prepare a shopping list.
The shelves could be emptied soon.
My list reads:

Gin
Loo rolls
Gin
Wine
Loo rolls
Tinned foods
Rice
Pasta
UHT milk
Gin
Loo rolls
Smoking requisites
Hygiene products appropriate to your situation
Nappies (not for me!)
Wagos (oh come on! You know you'll need them!)
Wine
More wine
Toothpaste
Shower gel
Water, lots of bottled water, gallons of it

please feel free to add your own ideas!
Can you still get money back on a bottle of Corona Virus? Must admit Corona Cherry Aid was my favourite. :eek:

Might take a trip to my local SF ,to see if they have twigged yet, for a laugh you understand.

Next door neighbours friend of a friend of a mate down the pub said Viruses can travel across the Internet, that's me shutting down till it's all over.
Currently looking for a mask for the P.C
I thought you normally put filters on the internet? ?

Reply to Missing something? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock