Discuss Mixing panels - Why not? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bikerz

Hi all

Ive been lurking on here reading for a while now. I have access to free cable and batteries (Dont ask, its legal).

So I was going to do an off grid system with a few panels (house has a south facing roof overlooking fields so no shade etc.... I was going to get a charger controller MPPT and charge the batteries during the day and use through an inverter to run a few things at night. 24V system setup.

I read on here you shoudnt mix panels, but can I ask why? I have a friend running 2 different panels through one charge controller at 12V just fine (well he thinks its fine and been working for many years on his boat).

Cheers

if they've got the same characteristics, voltage, ampage, voltage curve etc then it's not an issue. The more difference there is between the panels, the worse the performance will be.

Reply to Mixing panels - Why not? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I want to connect one panel 12 volts (south west) with 2 panel that are in series 24 volts (south) in parallel to a 24 volts in controller. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm replacing a small old off grid with a new 7.5kw off grid, & being poor seek best value for my mppt, after long searches I find this...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I had 4 renogy 100w panels running to a 30amp renogy charge controller. I started noticing a low battery situation so I started doing...
Replies
Views
Daughter has bought a house and it has a home security system, G-Tag setup. Issue is the alarm panel displays are pixelated and you cant see...
Replies
Views
Greetings, everyone, After dedicating over a month to researching Solar PV systems, I'm nearly ready to make a decision. I owe my progress to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock