Discuss Moaning customers.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mikeymoo

What would you guys say is a fair price..
Been aked to wire up a shower. Taken alook this morning, already rcd protected, needs 10metres 10mm twin & earth, 50 amp pull cord switch, mk 50amp breaker, also will main bond water as there isnt one present 4 meters 10mm. easy cable run, approx 2 hours work..

I'll tell you what the customer said later...

Those ideas about prices sound pretty cheap.

Im no expert, but surely the materials are going to cost £50 ?

Fuel to get to job and vehicle costs.

Public Liability Insurance.

Scheme membership costs.

Then testing.

I don't see too much gold if your charging £110.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
at least 20 for petrol, you also have to drive around to buy materials

the other experience is never under charge the customers even they are your friends, sometimes i was in good mood and undercharged them, but they never appreciated that, they still moaned when they pay me, this made me very depressed because i even paid extra material and time for the damn unexpected things, from now on i will never undercharge if they dont like it i just leave,

Last edited:
Its got to be 150 quids. Not only should they pay you for your time, but also for your skill and experience. The materials are going to be about 60 pounds, and by the time you get there etc, I would work on half a day to do everything, including your testing and filling your cert out. And bear in mind that the time you spent travelling to the job must be paid for. The 90 quid I would have made isnt all mine, think of your van, tax, insurance, etc etc etc etc.

Well i turned up at 9am after a 12 mile drive. Had a look around, come to a figure of £50 for materials, and approx 2 hours work. Put down a figure of £120 which i though was a cheap Quote.
This was received with a look of horror! I felt like a naughty school kid as he stood there looking the quote up and down followed by me!. Then to add insult to injury he said an electrician told him not to pay no more then £80! I said well why didnt that sparky do it himself then!..Then went on to say if i will do it for £80 the jobs yours lol and stuck his hand out to shake on it! felt like passing him my insulation test leads!. Be interesting to hear if any of you guys have a similar story..

Reply to Moaning customers.. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net