Discuss mobile phone antenna interference in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I've been asked to install an LED flood light on a roof of a high rise building, only problem is it will be situated within about a foot of a mobile phone antenna. Would this be something to worry about? will it cause interference?

The LED lighting won't be affected by the antenna.

However to be working within the vicinity of mobile antennas you should have some form of RF awareness training as there is non-ionising radiation involved.

The only issue arises when there's damage to the equipment such as damaged feeder cables. Pirate radio stations are a very big issue, and if noticed on site do not touch as they tend to try and electrify them to stop people tampering with them.

I wouldn't expect you to attend a half day course then go out and spend £1500 on an RF monitor but you should be aware of the symptoms of RF on the human body.

If you get cold or flu like symptoms or feel your skin getting warm then lave the area, the effects are only temporary and will cease within a few minutes. There are no long term health effects associated with RF exposure.

As for position of the LED lamp, telecoms riggers are not the most careful of trades so try and place it where there's no chance of them using it as a step.

Just love that lol.
You'd be surprised what I've seen them do in the past.

One job they ran out of 10mm G/Y for bonding various parts so they twisted together some strips of G/Y PVC tape to look like a cable and placed it quite high up to try and bluff it...

Lol. I have worked with riggers a lot in the past , and done some in my younger days on rope plant . Some of them were legends , never seen them beat. Can't condone the cheating though.:cool:

Reply to mobile phone antenna interference in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock